*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974025-Shor-Story-Turbo-Changes-for-the-Best
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1974025
Turbo changes for the best. He does drugs and theft and something changes his life.
It was a warm sunny day. I had just got home from work and my kids and wife met me at the door. We had dinner and my kids wanted to hear about my childhood. I never wanted to tell them, but I decided it was time. So after dinner we went and sat in the living room and I began to tell them… It was the second to the last day of summer break in Rochester, New York. I went downstairs and had breakfast waiting for me. She had breakfast waiting for me every day of my life. My mother saying “Good morning honey” she was always so sweet to everyone. My family was a very caring loving family. I had my mom, dad, and brother. My mom’s name is Sabrina. My dad’s name is Richard and my brother’s name is Billy. My name is Turbo and I’m a junior at Apollo Ridge school district. I’m about 5 “6” and love sports. I’m not the kid everyone thinks I am though. I’m into drugs and theft. I wasn’t always like this. It wasn’t until I met my friends Mike and Jason a year back. I got in with the wrong crowd. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

The moment Mikes said “Come over my house later tonight at 6 o’clock.” That’s when it all started

‘What are we going to be doing’, I asked.

Mike quickly answered, “Nothing much, probably just playing video games.”

“Yeah I’m going over to you should definitely come it’s going to be a blast of fun.” Said Jason

I knew they weren’t the type of kids my parents would approve of, but I guess I would go anyway. My other friends were getting to boring for me. I wanted to go out and have fun because I knew we weren’t going to be chilling and playing video games. Later that night I went to Mike’s house. As I walked in I was greeted by his very creepy mom.

         “Hello, you must be Turbo?” asked Mike’s mom. “Guaranteed” I quickly answered. I’m not very good when it comes to meeting new people. That night after Jason arrived we played video games. We all got bored and wanted to do something else. Well Mike and Jason knew exactly what they wanted to do. They asked me if I wanted to have some fun and I answered, “Yes.” Well I didn’t know their definition of fun. They wanted to smoke cigarettes, but I wasn’t that type of kid so I didn’t want to do it. While they were smoking cigarettes I was sitting there watching. They kept bugging me and bugging me just to take a hit. They finally persuaded me to take try it. Then right there was when it all started. We smoke and drank alcohol that night.

         The next day I went home and was talking to my mom and she smelled the cigarettes on my clothes. She started to question “Son was you smoking last night?” I quickly responded, “Of course not mom, Mike’s mom was smoking.” I keep hanging out with Jason and Mike. The next day later I went back over Mike’s house and when I got to Mike’s house Mike and Jason was smoking weed.

“Come on you pansy” said Mike. I peer pressured in. Then we were all hungry and thirsty so we went to the store for food. When we got there we quickly filled our buggy up with our favorite food and drinks. “You’re paying Turbo” said Jason and Mike. I didn’t have any money on me. So what were we going to do? Well Jason and Mike decided it would be best to steal everything. Once again they peer pressured me into something I thought I would never do.

“How are we going to do this”, I quickly asked.

Mike answers, “Very carefully.” We quickly stuffed everything anywhere we could underneath our clothes. I had pop, chips, and just a bunch of junk food in my socks, underwear, and jacket. I was terrified to do this. “Just casually walk out like we belong and didn’t get anything.” Mike said. We got out and the buzzers started to go off and we sprinted out of the car. On the way home Mike and Jason were so crazy. They thought that was so fun.

“You don’t think we will get caught do you guys.” I said.

“Of course not.” They replied.

“They hard part is already over all we have to do is eat them now.”  We hurried back to Mike’s house. We were successful and now could enjoy our snacks. There was a knock at the door… We were very patient and nervous to open it because we figured it could be the cops. Of course it was the cops. We were busted even though Mike tried to lie. While in the back of the police car I was thinking about my family and how my life used to be. I couldn’t believe I was in the back of a police car. What was my mom going to do to me? When we arrived at the police station they took our mug shots and explained to us why we were here. They knew it was us because of the cameras. The cameras at the store watched us leave and get into our car. Then they used the street cameras to follow our car. When we arrived at home they came and got us. So just what we thought was successful was actually a fail. I had to spend the night in jail then my parents would be here to pick me up in the morning. I didn’t want to see the disappointment on their face whenever they got here in the morning. I went to bed in the most uncomfortable bed ever shortly after I got to jail. I was so scared. Everyone was bigger than me. In the morning my parents arrived at the jail. The only thing my mom said to me was “Get into the car” Then the whole ride home I listened to how disappointed she and my father were. I knew I had to change back to the old Turbo. I was always respectful and treated my family right. I didn’t do drugs or theft. I needed to change before my grades dropped and I got into more serious trouble. The first thing I knew I had to do was lose those “friends” I had Mike and Jason. They were nothing but trouble and I didn’t need that in my life. At first it was really tough trying to find help because my parents weren’t helping. They wanted nothing to do with me until I changed. I didn’t like that which wanted me to change ever more. You may think that they were being bad parents by that, but honestly it wasn’t because it showed they cared about me and my life. They didn’t want me to screw up my whole life as a teenager. At first it was very tough to lose my friends because I had done drug with them a couple more times. Then all of a sudden something changed my life. My mom had a heart attack. She was so close to dying the doctors said they have no clue how she made it out alive. That was so scary especially because it was my mom. She cared about me and loved me so much. Right then and there my life changed. I knew that it had to or my life was going to be horrible forever. If I don’t change then it is going to so much harder to change in the long run. I need my mom. Just think if she would have died because if so she would have passed away being mad at me. I would have had to life the rest of my life not able to say good bye to my mom. I would have also had to live knowing she was mad at me whenever she passed away. I noticed right there how much I cared about her. I left my friends Jason and Mike for good this time. After my mom recovered I had a long talk with her and my dad.  We were all glad that we were all okay. Our family was back to normal and I’m so glad. The next morning was my very first day back with the family at its normal self. I even had my breakfast waiting for me whenever I woke. Me, my brother, my mom, and my dad all sat down and had an amazing family breakfast. We were all so glad that everything was back to normal. I love my family I thought to myself. I was to have my best friend back which was my brother. I didn’t need anyone else other than my family.

“I’m so glad this family is back to how it used to be”, Dad said.

“Aren’t we all glad”, I said. “Thank you guys for caring so much about me.” I quickly added.

“No problem son let’s just keep things this way I don’t want to ever lose any of you.” My father replied.

“I love you guys with all my heart, you’re the best.” I said to the whole family.

Everything changed for the best and our lives were back to normal.

© Copyright 2014 Jaxon Leonard (kodykomara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974025-Shor-Story-Turbo-Changes-for-the-Best