*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974721-Wishes
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1974721
I lost all track of time, sitting here in our favorite spot.
I lost all track of time, sitting here in our favorite spot. Can you see me do the air quotes around favorite? I wish you could. Even if you could see me, you wouldn't care about what I was saying. When did that stop? Remember when I was your reason for living, your morning dose of sunshine on a cloudy day?

I granted your every wish, whatever you asked for. The house, new cars, jewelry, clothes, the swimming pool, vacations to exotic places and the membership to that exclusive gym.

You just had to have a gym membership with a personal trainer. Oh yeah, I saw the pictures of the two of you. If the goal of going to the gym was to lose weight you should ask for refund. Of course that is my perspective, which as you told me this morning, doesn't count for much.

I did not question all those appointments with that cosmetic surgeon. Personally I liked your old nose. Now that I think about it, I never heard of anyone having weekend consultations with their surgeon before.

What about your new car? I cannot believe that you spent a two weeks picking out that car. A trip to Italy with the salesperson? Really?

Another thing, I paid for that damn pool and that kid to come and clean it. I’m sure that you remember that pool boy who was suppose to teach you how to surf. Another bunch of weekends we were apart.

I don't regret my actions earlier. I still feel that when you said that you would rather be dead than spend another day with me, was kind of harsh. Like always I was more than happy to grant your wish.
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974721-Wishes