*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975343-Super-Sunday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Truman
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #1975343
Musings on yesterday
Yesterday the roads were still icy from the freezing rain and my wife asked me to drive her to McGonigle's Market over in Kansas City. I was watching basketball but she doesn’t like driving on ice and she can get pretty disagreeable about it so I did it. The roads weren’t all that bad when we got out and I thought about making a comment but I decided not to. It wouldn’t have done anything but start a fight, so I figured I would just make the best of it. It was a nice day and if I’m totally honest I was tired of being cooped up in the house anyway. I didn’t tell her that.



McGonigle's is an old fashion market that’s still around because folks like their meat. It’s not a very big place but it sure smells good when you walk in. I was hoping to get a barbeque sandwich that they sell from a trailer out front, but I found out they only do that when it’s warm. If you go there on the day before Thanksgiving you’ll see people in a line that goes around the store and sometimes out the front door. They’re picking up smoked turkeys. It’s pretty good turkey but it costs a lot and I wouldn’t want to stand in a long line for it. My wife just throws one in the oven for a couple of hours and that’s fine with me.



She bought some sliced turkey and some chicken she says we’ll cook outside when the weather warms up. That won’t be anytime soon from the looks of it. There’s a big snowstorm coming on Tuesday. So they say, anyway. When we got done at McGonigle's we went to Lenny’s and ate cheesesteaks.



We made it home in plenty of time for the Super Bowl, which was my main concern. We even had time to spare for a romp between the sheets, if you get my meaning. Turned out the game wasn’t worth watching, but it was a good excuse to drink a few beers on a Sunday. I woke up with a twinge of a headache but I didn’t complain cause I’ve had worse.



All things considered it was a pretty good day.

© Copyright 2014 Truman (farmerjdc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975343-Super-Sunday