*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975369-Pocket-Money
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1975369
Bully gets his due
Pocket Money

         The hammer came down hard on piggy’s head crushing its head and back.  Randall moved the broken shards of the ceramic porcine out of the way.  He gazed down at the mess on his bedroom floor and mentally calculated how much cash had been stuffed into the porker.

         Randall picked up $10 in quarters; $5 in nickels, $5 in pennies and $80 in mixed bills. “Wow $100 not too bad for mowing yards all summer.” Randall thought to himself.  He carefully rolled the coins in bank wrappers and clipped the bills together and placed all of it into a sock tying a knot at the end.  He cleaned up the mess of the crushed piggy bank.  Put the sock full of money in his pocket and headed out the front door.  Randall was going shopping to buy his mother a special present.  Maybe she would not cry so much anymore if he could show her that he could buy her presents like his deceased dad did.

         “Hey kid! Where you going to in such hurry?” yelled Butch.  He had seen the bulge in Randall’s pocket and figured the little guy had cash on him since he had seen him mowing yards this past summer.  Randall tried to go around Butch.
Butch grabbed Randall’s shoulder spun him around, “you still owe me money”. Butch yelled in Randall’s face.

         “No I don’t” Randall struggled out of the bully’s grasp.

         “Yeah you do, toll for walking on my sidewalk.” said Butch as he grappled with the smaller boy again.

Officer Joe flipped on the siren and pulled up close to the boys.  “Butch, let him go!. This is the last kid you mug for a while. You know the drill, get in the back of my squad car while I call your Mother.”

Word count: 300
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1975369-Pocket-Money