*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977590-Just-One-of-Those-Days
Rated: 18+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1977590
“Shut up with the commercials. I know where we are.”
“I'm stuck, you’re gonna have to pull me through.”

“Jeez. You’re stuck in a hole in the wall of the basement of Simon's Jewelry Store, the biggest retailer of diamonds on the east coast.”

“Shut up with the commercials. I know where we are.”

“Jeez."

“Now pull me out of this hole.”

Cholly leaned over, grabbed Sammy under the arms and yanked at his plump body, tugging unsuccessfully a couple of times. Bracing himself by putting his feet against the wall Cholly gave one more strained heave. The two of them tumbled in to a muddy heap on the floor of the basement. For a minute there was silence, Sammy whispered a quiet prayer and then after looking at one another the two of them lay there laughing and simultaneously shushing one another.

Sammy rolled over, made it to his knees and with the help of Cholly stood up. “Man, I'm getting too old for this.”

Standing at the basement door, sweating, Sammy slowly turned the handle. The door swung open revealing the shop, “Hello diamonds.”

Cholly walked over to a rack of snacks, opened a bag of chips, and stood there munching. As crumbs dribbled down the front of Cholly's shirt, Sammy entered and sat down on a chair connected to some sort blood pressure machine.

“I gave you GPS coordinates; all you had to do was follow the satellite as you dug. A moron could do it.”

“Jeez, I ain't no moron.”

“Obviously. Do you have any idea where we might be?”

Cholly wiped his mouth. “Looks like a drug store, a pharmacy, a pretty big one I would guess.”

Sammy sat there and slipped his arm in to the blood pressure cuff, the machine went crazy and a computerized voice advised the user to dial 911.
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977590-Just-One-of-Those-Days