*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977749-Chronicles-of-Lucas-Funlbert
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1977749
A young Ornithomancer finds himself in a wasteland seemingly void of life.
A young man is standing in a wasteland, because of his attire it is easy to tell that he has taken up the job of an Ornithomancer, and given the look on his face, it can be easily deduced that he is incredibly distraught. There is no other life form visible in this odd land, and that is what strikes him as incredibly strange about this place. Other than the fact that he has no recollection of how he managed to come here, nor did he know if there was anything of significance that he needed to do. He finds himself becoming increasingly alarmed at the silence and deserted nature of the land, as if he expects something to just pop up and scare him out of his wits. He finds comfort in the fact that he has all of his equipment with him in his satchel: three lesser potions of skin-peel, three young hamsters who are growing increasingly restless, a boomerang, an autograph book filled with the signatures of famous celebrities, a snow globe passed down to him from his ancestors, a wooden S.A.N.D.M.A.N. baseball bat (strapped to his back with several inches of rope) and finally one tiny effigy of a black bear. "Least everything's in order then..." he says feeling comforted by having all his equipment with him in such an odd scenario. He decides to continue on wards, taking his bat out in case things get too hot for him to handle, which they most likely will. He begins to trek through the land and almost immediately a white light suddenly materializes causing Lucas to jump up a bit, startled at this. The light begins to move and Lucas follows behind it, increasing his speed as the entity begins to move faster and more rapidly as the light does the same. After several minutes of running through the land, the light stops at an odd ship and Lucas does the same. The light then begins to fade until it goes away completely leaving Lucas alone with his bat still gripped tightly in his hand. "What was that thing...?" he ponders to himself quietly, puzzled by the recent event. He glances at the ship and walks slowly toward it for inspection. He can see that it is made of oak wood and walks onto it via a plank of wood that lead to it. There is a small door in the center of the ship which seems very alluring to Lucas. He goes to it and opens it, and is greeted with a ladder leading to another room, which he quickly goes down through. Once there he sees something that labefys the courage that he once had upon entering the rooms. Several Sickle Scouts with leather clothing remain bunched there frozen with looks of utter bliss on their faces. The Sickle Scouts were a prestigious group of ageist warriors, who had access to powerful destructive magic which they used for highly unethical purposes. An old man with a short gray beard sits there with the same expression of all the other cadets, donning a purple dress and a pink bow in his blonde hair. It is easy to tell that the man his the Young Tyke of the group, a title given to only the oldest members of each group of Scouts. It is used to ridicule them for aging old and serves as an alternative to killing them after their services. They always struck Lucas as foolish for not valuing their elders more and instead leaving the youngest ones to lead, which has of course caused a large amount of trouble for them in the past. "What the hell is going on here...?" Lucas thinks to himself quietly.

© Copyright 2014 SleuthOfKenos (kenossleuth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977749-Chronicles-of-Lucas-Funlbert