*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978216-Passing-Time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by mezle
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1978216
Describing emotions and connections to people and how in a second it all can fall apart.
In a second, a moment things can quickly change either for the better or the worst. Sometimes you don't even have control of said changes, sometimes you do. Actions do speak louder than words and it's ones ignorance that keeps us from making the right ones. The right decisions, the right moves, or even say the right words. Sometimes we let our ego, or bad attitude, or negative minds take way too much control on our actions. And most of the times we end up losing just about everything we cared for. Then we go off thinking and musing about all the things we could have done differently, all the things we could have said, how we could have worked everything out. But why think of them when it's all over, why focus on them now, when you had the chance to do so before hand? So we spend our lives screwing things up and maybe not even realising it, until it's too late. And we expect, we want a second chance. And another, and another and so on. Yes, we are all just human and we make mistakes and we screw up, but when will it be enough. When do we just stop and realize the people we hurt. The people that have always been there for us and we simply just take them for granted. We take them for granted not even knowing or realizing that we do so sometimes, and then comes a day that ... they are simply gone. They had enough. That's the moment you really truly realize that you had it good. You had a friend that was willing to be there for you and you messed it up.

Right when they are gone, no where to be seen, is when you come to realize that you miss them. And you wish that you had another chance. But there isn't any other chance. It's over, it's all gone. So what you do then?

You had many chances to fix the problem, to get better, to be a friend and all these chances you blew them. Yes, you may have cared, yes you may have tried. But was it enough?

Maybe in your mind, you may have thought that you did well, but then why do you feel bad? Why do you feel empty? Because you knew that you could have done so much more. So why didn't you? Because you were too full of yourself to realize the damage you really were doing. The hurt you really put out there. So how can you now fix it, when it's all over? ... there's no answer to that now is there. No. Now that it's all over, you regret so much and you wish you could fix it all, start over, from the ground up.

But it's over .... what can you do now, but be hurt and heartbroken. You messed everything up, lost a friend ... you lost it all. All that you cared for. Now you sit there, regretting it.

Learn from your mistakes and treasure all your relationships, especially your friendships. You never know when they won't be there anymore!
© Copyright 2014 mezle (mezle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978216-Passing-Time