*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978578-Life
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1978578
Story about how a girl learns to deal with her lack of fitting in

Creative 2

Isabella Little Yr 12 L



The hustle and bustle of somewhere different is a scary thought, you live somewhere else for most of your life and then you are thrown in the middle of it all. She was constantly asked where she was from and why she sounded different , she was the new kid the different one , she constantly felt like she was forced into the corner with no way out because society felt she was too different to fit in. To everyone she was looked upon as if they wanted to examine her brain to fully be able to understand how she worked but to her she was simply being herself.

All her life she had difficulty fitting in and people always had a way of letting her know , whether it would be verbally or physically she would always be forced to understand that this was the life she had to live and that it was normal , she blamed all this on herself thinking she had to change her opinions, looks, interests , everything about herself in order to be welcomed. It is like the concept of this is not a pipe , because your eyes can always deceive you she had been brought up her whole life thinking that being herself was what society wanted but it was far from it society wanted to change you and mould you to be a completely different person.

Walking down the stretched out hallways with long hanging dim lights in a building that is hundreds of years old where judgemental eyes follow you wherever you walk deciding whether or not to invite you to the exclusive club of popularity and all those conversations that people long to have because it makes you feel like you are in with them and have finally made it but it doesn't happen with her , they just look sideways at her. She used to be the girl who was severely bullied the girl who had things thrown at her, people chased her , now they have stopped doing it every day and only do it when they are bored which to her is far worse than it happening every day, She would wake up and think that it was going to be a good day and then she would get to that ancient school only to find people waiting to make her life excruciatingly miserable.

This girl went through enough that she thought about not wanting to be around anymore she suffered enough and wanted to end it all, but she stuck through it , she knew that it would take time and that she would eventually understand what it would be like to be someone that was fully accepted into society without having to hide herself away and change who she was for other people but it would take time , that's all it is and all it would ever be .. time.

She developed depression over the years so yet again there was another battle she would have to fight that she would have to conquer and that she would deal to live with. But when that girl looks back at her life she knows that everything she went through and things that are yet to come , she's stronger than she thought and these things that were just thrown right at her were meant to be as someone was probably looking down at her and knew that this girl could take it she could be pushed to all her limits and she would still take it on the chin and smile , maybe this was a mechanism for showing her that being different wasn't all that bad she just had to go through the storm before she could see the rainbow.



She still longed to be the loud ambitious girl who was invited to parties and was friends with all the cool people and that she could be popular. she would sit there looking at all those people and wonder how they lived their lives which made her realise that she liked her current school life , where she had her best friends and they would all get along and communicate like equals, her break times spent in the library with her friends she's known for her whole high school life and her new friends shes made over the years . its these times she will look back upon , she will smile , laugh , cry , she will miss these memories in the long run she will even miss the school , the teachers the atmosphere , its these times she will cherish for her whole life.

Now that it's her last year in high school and people have grown up , they are no longer asking questions about her accent , why she moved or what happened to her family. They don't treat her like they used too, they have accepted that not everybody can be like them and everyone in their own simple way is unique , no two people can ever be the same and that sweet innocent girl that had to learn the hard way that being who she was ok and that she didn't have to change .... was finally ok.

© Copyright 2014 Tearsbehindthesmile (sumthinspecial at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978578-Life