*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978838-Him
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Deni
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1978838
A magic moment captured
She hadn’t been this nervous or this excited in years.

What was it about him? ‘His smile, no his eyes’.

‘Well, he’s funny and cool. Kinda cute too, but he’s also taken and so I am’ she thought.

Hmm, who knows. She gave a little squeal as she realised that he really was coming to visit. She could feel the excited tingle run up the back of her neck.
She ran to make the bed up for him. He was walking so it would take a while to get here. She put the light on and checked the room. OK. All done. Heading back to her room she remembered he may want to shower, so grabbing a towel, she snuck back downstairs quickly so she wouldn’t have to see him.

She stopped midway, he was already here. ‘What – how did he get here so fast? I didn’t even hear him come in’. She peeped in the door and she could see his shadow as he took off his watch and placed it on the table. She took a deep breath. She could smell the light fragrance of his aftershave. She placed the towel down quietly at his door and ran back to her room.

‘You. are. such. a. baby.’ she chastised herself.

Rolling her eyes she fell face first into her bed.

Her phone vibrated. ‘thanks for letting me stay’ the message said. ‘Sure thing, anytime’. She nearly choked on the words. She didn’t want him to stay, she wanted to see him. Look at him. Hang out with him. Spend some time with him. Just her and him, alone.
Now he’d gone to bed, so that wouldn’t be happening. She sighed again.

Dragging herself up she made herself another drink.

‘Cheeky, when did you bring me a towel?’ another text. ‘Oh, a few minutes ago.’
‘My God, this is getting ridiculous,’ she thought, ‘he’s my friend, and I’m being all silly’.

‘Come see me, I’ll meet you outside.’

She hopped up and went outside, he was already there waiting for her.

‘Hey’.

‘Hey. Come out and sit with me’ she said. She handed him a glass of water, and as she did she caught his eyes looking at her in the darkness. She quickly looked at the ground.

As he walked past her, she could smell him again. The sweet scent of musk, she slowly savored the moment. Taking a deep slow breath, she followed him outside.

‘Now what’ she thought
© Copyright 2014 Deni (denihrwd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978838-Him