*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978882-Freedom-Shrine-Essay-Government
Rated: E · Assignment · None · #1978882
Essay for Government
Baseline essay to determine certain levels. This one requires students to peruse the Freedom Shrine on the wall outside the library and the website at freedomshrine.com. They are to touch on the following things: the history of the Shrine and the biases inherent in it, which document should be removed and why, and which document should replace it and why. Students' voices should be clear in these essays. Grammar, mechanics, and punctuation are part of this grade.

Does Not Belong:
It seems that General McAuliffe's Christmas Message (1944) does not measure up to the importance of other documents.
Replace With:
Supreme court decision: Marbury vs Madison
Why?:
General McAuliffe's Christmas Message seemed to stand out more than others, mostly because it talks more about the troops that were currently fighting in the "Battle of the Bulge" war other than what other documents on the Freedom Shrine are based more on the facts of American freedom and how we became the country we are today. I believe it should be replaced with the supreme court decision of Marbury vs. Madison.



The Freedom Shrine, which originated from the Freedom Train in 1947 has been displayed around America in order to show citizens how they have earned the freedom and rights they have today. Each document in the Freedom Shrine has been carefully chosen as the "documents of liberty."
If I was to chose which document to replace it would be "General McAuliffe's Christmas Message 1994," it seemed to stand out more to me than the other documents because is was based on the war efforts and "Battle of the Bulge" when most other documents are based on American's freedom and liberty. I believe that it should be replaced with the supreme court decision: Marbury vs Madison. This court decision helped define how judicial and executive branches of government should be constitutionally separated. I believe that the Marbury vs Madison should replace "General McAuliffe's Christmas Message"

*not yet finished, still working on it*
© Copyright 2014 EmilyMaeRatzlaff (emilymratzlaff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978882-Freedom-Shrine-Essay-Government