*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979654-New-Allegiant-Ending
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1979654
**Spoiler Alert**I didn't like that Tris died at the end so I rewrote the ending!
I was pulled again but this time by my mother’s arms and I went happily……….

I woke with a start, trying to figure out what woke me up. I looked around bleary eyed and focused finally on Christina, my best friend.  I figured out that she had been tugging on my bangs to wake me up. 

“Tris! Again?” she chastised me

“Sorry! This class is so b-“ I was interrupted by our Geography teacher, Mrs. Johnson-Eaton, clearing her throat beside me.

“-beautifully composed I just have to close my eyes to appreciate it fully!” I quickly attempted to amend my statement but I knew my teacher wouldn’t have it.

“Nice try, Ms. Prior.  Would you please recite to me the definition of divergent?” Mrs. Johnson-Eaton said crisply with no humor in her voice.

Ohhhhhhhh, I thought, so that was the link to my dream! Oh it was amazing! All my best friends were in it and so was my boyfriend Tobias! Their definition of divergent was so much better; however the tyrant happened to be standing beside me looking for the boring geography definition which I might have slept right through…..

I looked up at the teacher sheepishly, “ummmmmmm…….”

“That’s what I thought. See you again at three o’clock Ms. Prior, and bring your books.” And with that she swept back up to her desk as the bell rang we raced to the door.

Uriah, my other best friend, was doing a horrible reenactment of the last five minutes before I punched him in the arm.

Tobias caught me around the middle before the full force of the punch could be felt and I yelled in surprise. “Now, now, I can’t have my girl friend punching her best friend, could I?”

“Ha ha ha. Very funny. Let go of me so Uriah can feel my wrath,” I said jokingly.

“Oh come on we are gonna be late for gym” Christina interrupted.

Good thing my best friends aren’t figments of my imagination I thought happily as we all jostled down the hall to our high school’s gymnasium.  Good thing indeed.

© Copyright 2014 Genevieve (nutmegh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979654-New-Allegiant-Ending