*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980690-The-Forsaken-Universechapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1980690
As the war opens it's gateway, the first of the five faces his biggest enemy.
         The first of the five who came into contact with the Aliens was a boy called Brayden Collins. Brayden was 14 years old, though many thought he was a little bit older by the way he looked and how maturely he took issues in the world. I would say he was around the average height for a 14 year old boy, being 5"5. He had scruffy black hair which contrasted perfectly with his deep ocean blue eyes. He had facial hair growing around his lips and chin but only kept it fair because he could hardly ever be bothered to shave; besides, he was slowly growing a bit fond of it.
         Brayden was a very bubbly,energetic and happy boy. He was a brave teenager, but before being able to use his courage he would have to be pushed into the situation and realize what was happening. He didn't have many friends because not a lot of people could tolerate his hyperactive nature (although he wasn't disliked by others in any way) but he valued those who were his friends on a very high pedestal. He was very social but people would often be put off by his rambling and annoying habit of saying what he thinks without any foresight into how they would effect people and was often oblivious to how people were feeling, although his heart was always in the right place; he would defend anyone being attacked in anyway and would do anything to make sure the right thing is done.
         Brayden was alone at his house. He was sitting on the armchair looking over his Garden, even though he was one of the most hyperactive kids in his school he still loved the sense of peace and quiet that nature gave out. His armchair was placed on a patio made out of stone slabs which connected the house to the Garden beautifully. About 3 meters out the patio started to curve around until it formed a small pathway stretching out from the top to the bottom of the Garden; about half way through this pathway there was a tiny wooden bridge with red lights that would come on in the night to superbly showcase the fish pond underneath. At the end of the pathway laid the kennel for his old Dog Rend (he had died a few years back but Brayden wanted to keep the kennel for the memories )and the cage he kept his two Rabbits in. Covering the rest of the Garden was grass with a magnificent shade of green and plants, tress and bushes with all kinds of luscious fruits in them.
         It began at approximately 11am that morning. The whole of England witnessed the event that triggered what would be the biggest event any universe has seen so far. Some would claim to have seen strange looking vehicles and even the Aliens themselves but all of them saw fireballs crashing to the Earth at a unbelievable speed. All of them marching to what seemed to be five different places, slaughtering anyone who was in their eyesight with no thought and regret. Sometimes they would leave a few of the children for two reasons, but none were out of mercy: some of the kids were taken as hostages and forced to fight for the army until they would die in battle; other children were left alive because the Aliens found pleasure in the screaming of children, even hurting them just to hear them scream louder! Terror was plunging England into madness and, needless to say, rapidly infecting the rest of the world in within even fifteen minutes!
         Brayden was staring at this with dazed eyes, hardly able to take in the sheer amount of madness that seemed to be unravelling before him. Three gigantic fireballs plummeted into the ground so hard that you could only see the tip of the flaming rock. He was paralysed on the spot, unable to move any part of his body. As he stared at the piece of rock he noticed it slowly sliding open. It was no rock. These were ships used by the Aliens to get to where they needed to be as fast as possible with pin point accuracy. Brayden built up enough courage to try and run back but it was no use, his street was flooding with the ships and running would be just as suicidal as staying. Dreading what was to come next, he reluctantly turned around and faced the beasts crawling out of the ships.          
         The beasts that had emerged from the ships were unlike anything Brayden thought he would ever see in his life. They were human in shape, however the body was made of bone that covered nearly all of the body and a thick flesh, each one had a unique pattern on them. They were around a staggering 7"2 with the biggest muscles you could imagine! All around their bodies were what looked like live jet black veins. Some of the bones were sticking out in horrible places, making the physique of their body look hideously deformed. The face of the Aliens was slightly paler in shade, but still equally as disturbing as the rest of it. It was massive with a skull that looked like it was growing to large for the flesh, throbbing out in over half of his face. They had still, dead white eyes that looked as if it was absorbing the veins close to it inside it, creating a thick runny whirlpool. There were veins running down to the top of his mouth as if creating a liquid supply for the Alien to get energy from covering a hole that should have been its nose. It had no lips around its mouth, more of just a dark, shallow hole with nothing but a small tongue visible through it that moved as sounds came out of it. Likewise, they had no ears but instead somehow heard through the hole that was in place of a nose.
         The monsters advanced towards him. In the blink of a eye it happened...
         He lost control of his whole body. Every turn and movement, every attack or dodge, it was not him doing it. It was as if his body had become something entirely different. The body zipped in and out of enemy attacks, they were pretty slow but the sheer speed of the body would still be incredible to witness. The only part he could still control was his mind and thoughts, but he could hear and feel something else in there. The body continued to maneuver through the garden, swiftly tricking the enemies into harming one another and crashing into the objects of the Garden until they were called off by the Alien he presumed to be the leader.
         "Stop! We were to late with the kill, let me handle this!" It shouted as loud it could through a grainy, soft voice which still managed to have this unnerving ring in it which just sent small shivers through Brayden's spine.
         "Oh, OK, piece of advice, never start your re-awakening with a fight, you go all fuzzy afterwards for a while" The thing controlling his body could also talk. "Ok, so then, I suppose its time to do the transfer!" The voice sounded very enthusiastic about the process.
         "What the hell is happening!" Brayden fought as hard as he could to finally regain control of his body, even if right now he could only speak. His voice was a mixture of deep fear and confusion.
         "Hello! Still starting the transfer right now but I am assuming you are Brayden, correct? Don't answers that, of course you are, no one else would be in your body. Listen to me and just shut up for a moment while I concentrate." It was hard to pinpoint exactly how he was feeling right now, he looked happy but sounded annoyed and cynical.
         Against his will, Brayden obeyed, thinking it would be for his own good.
         "Enough!" The commanding alien furiously snapped.
         The alien instantly leapt towards Brayden's body with all his might; Surprisingly, this one was quite fast. Before anyone realized what was happening a ferocious burst of ice whipped the monster back into the crowd, followed directly by shards spiking the rest.
         "Did you really think trying to attack me physically is a good idea knowing that I would transfer the powers as soon as possible?" The possessed body sounded very annoyed at this, with a even more condescending look.
         "Shalrof! Of course I had to be put against you! Everybody stay back, I need to deal with this without any deaths!" The display of power instantly struck the foes with fear as they realized who they were up against. All of them got back as far as they could without any hesitation.          
         "Oh right, of course you wouldn't recognize me. Different body and voice, sorry for getting annoyed earlier. It's surprisingly easy to forget that, you know." The newly identified Shalrof claimed, seemingly forgetting the weight of the stunt he had pulled in front of everyone.
         "I want to know what the hell is happening and right now!" The confusion overtook Brayden now, making him angry and anxious of what was to come.
         "Shut up while I do the transfer!," Shalrof snapped at him. "So then, the Letroxi survived! And here we are now, face to face one final time as a new era begins. How fitting." Suddenly his mood swapped to a seemingly very cold attitude. "So kid, I have transferred half the things and all the important stuff you'll need to know when fighting. It is permanently put in your brain and I made sure it will be stay there forever. Now for all the boring stuff. Again, stay quiet so I can finish this and then explain any other things you want explained to you after," Shalrof then turned to the Alien. "So then Trekilav, you've been upgraded to a leader? Well good for you. Turn your mob away or I will hurt all of you"
         This seemed to make the leader of the mad. Trekilav reacted exactly how Shalrof had secretly wanted him to.
         "GO! ATTACK HIM WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!" Trekilav shouted and somehow, even with his quiet voice, the other Letroxi seemed to hear and rushed to kill the body.
          In his mind Brayden was having a massive panic attack, struggling to keep together. He knew he could be dead any second now, and that thought was ripping him to shreds. He could feel himself quickly fade away from his mind and lose control. The only thing keeping the body up now was the transfer.
         Guns were being fired from all directions toward the body. Fortunately Shalrof was clearly experienced and avoided the ammo in any way you could think of, mostly with the manipulation of his power. Others were rushing towards him with weapons that looked like swords, axes, maces or anything you could think of. Spikes of ice were erecting from any possible piece of land, while they weren't nearly strong enough to rip through the bodies they certainly sent them back flying, propelling black ooze outwards in every surrounding area. Any Letroxi who went into physical combat were blasted back by powerful winds or shards of ice. Shalrof was also creating huge barriers created of impossibly hard ice to smash through,not even fire. This was not a defence though; He would instantly use his power to smash them and trap any enemy underneath them.
         As the flood of enemies became more and more frequent it grew more and more clear that Shalrof wouldn't be able to survive this attack. He was already being effected by Brayden's caution shutting down and the transfer was coming to an end. He tried whatever he could, even creating a path of ice to use to escape only to be shot down right in the middle of the crowding army. He tried to locate Trekaliv but it seemed that he had fled the scene. Knowing it would be his one shot at this, Shalrof unleashed his full power, launching spikes of Ice so large and so powerful into the sky in a perfect circle spreading over the street which would make sure that nothing could break through. He then created a arc made of the same material connecting from one spike to another above the circle protecting Brayden's body. The consequence was that the body had now shut down and left completely defenceless.
         Meanwhile, above the area, Trekaliv was desperate to make sure Brayden would not be able to slow their plans down.
         "Send in the transporter bomb NOW!" He commanded one of the ships he had been assigned to.          
         "Sir, it's to risky, for one the transporter bomb won't kill him and he'll still be out there on another planet," A soldier pointed out, his rising anxiety about answering back was visible "Then there's the others, they may not like what we do." The soldier now was breathing heavily and couldn't hide it.
         "IF THEY DIDN'T WANT US TO USE IT THEY SHOULDN'T OF GAVE IT TO US, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE WE HAVE THAT WILL SOLVE THIS," Trakaliv fiercely screamed as high as he could. "Now you will do as I say to remove the problem or I will punish you."
         "Yes, sir" The soldier hesitatingly replied.
         Before long they dropped the bomb down into the pit of ice, the impact and explosion of the bomb wasn't very big, it only covered the first few inner circles of the defense Shalrof had formed. After a few seconds the explosion disappeared, leaving a massive crater where the body of Brayden lied just a few moments before.
© Copyright 2014 Linkkirby0 (linkkirby00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980690-The-Forsaken-Universechapter-2