*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981347-Broken-Mirror
Rated: ASR · Other · Contest Entry · #1981347
What is the old Hendrickson's secret? It'll take a loving couple and a dinner to find out!
Broken Mirror

Yeah, so, I guess that it would be a good idea to start with our old neighbors, the Hendricksons. They seemed to be great people, until we invited them over for a nice dinner. Sure, they were a little strange, but all suburbs have some old cat ladies, or hoarders, or something of the sort.

So, we invited them over, and it was all going well, until it wasn’t. One of them said that they had a surprise for us, and that we needed to turn around. We did, ever being the good sports, and blackness.

I woke up with Mary lying next to me. I got up, and helped Mary to her feet. I ran to the bathroom to look at our clock, the only one that worked. I was in such a hurry that I didn’t notice the fact that our mirror seemed to be broken. It was 3. In the morning. We turned around at 5. In the afternoon. We checked our DirecTV, and it was the seventh. It had been the third.

We headed out to see if we could find the Hendricksons. We searched, and searched, and we never saw them again. Our friends, our shadows, or our reflections. Of course, that was nearly a hundred years ago. I expect the couple were old then, ten thousand years at least. They are probably dead by now. I’ve gone by many names. Nosferatu the Vampyre, for one. Count Dracula was perhaps was the most famous. But, I’m just a vengeful creature. I don’t even suck blood. I could, if I really wnted to. I try to just eat normal food. However, sometimes, the urge is just too much. Thank you so much for both listening to my story, and then becoming my next feast.
© Copyright 2014 Darth Hideous (npsooaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981347-Broken-Mirror