*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981489-Jimmy-Moses
Rated: 18+ · Other · Nonsense · #1981489
I just seen the most horrible thing one can imagine.
The door to the bar flew open and a young man burst through. “Gimme something to drink. I just seen the most horrible thing one can imagine.”

“You were there?”

“I was there when it happened,” he downed his pint of beer all in one gulp, then slammed his glass on the bar. “Look,“ he held out his hands, “I'm still shaking.”

“Jimmy, I hate to be the one that breaks this to you, but your hands always shake.”

“You weren't there. You just been sitting at home watching the news like us here. Probably cause you don't have any money. What's wrong Jimmy, your check come late this month?” Backward baseball cap guy tired of playing with his change threw some of it at Jimmy.

“No word of lie, I was right there in the middle of it all. I was interviewed by the police, the news, they all wanted to know what I saw. I told them that I saw everything. I am a witness.”

“Ah, you poor thing,” a blonde moved over next to Jimmy.

“Back off blondie I knew you when your name was Robert and we played on the same baseball team.”

Most around the bar were growing disinterested in Jimmy's story, turning back to their own private worlds. Fearing that he was losing the crowd, “You know, they say it may have been aliens.”

“Aliens?”

“They didn't mention anything about aliens on the television.”

“I told you I knew things.”

“Aliens? Who would have figured that?”

“That's what the police told me. Illegal aliens coming up from Mexico maybe or some place like that. Come up here and... “

“Shut up, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.”

“Okay, okay just don't say I didn't warn you.”
© Copyright 2014 Duane Engelhardt (dmengel54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981489-Jimmy-Moses