*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981580-Turning-Back-the-Clock
by Ailz
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1981580
Alice is suspicious when Christian comes to her house, wanting to change everything.
Turning Back the Clock



Metal clashed against metal, her teeth were bared like an angry wolf getting ready to tear him limb by limb.



"What do you think you are doing here?!" she practically yelled in his face. One could say that she had every right to kill him on the spot, possibly because she was meant to, but her body betrayed her duty by not having the capability to end his life. "What if someone caught you?!" His disarming smile played on his face, the one he always had when they were children, and which made her heart melt like it had many times before.



"You want me here truthfully. You call my name every night while you're sleeping." He accused, looking rather amused when her face suddenly glowed bright red - quite like the colour of her hair.



"That's just utterly creepy; I hope you are aware of that." She felt the butterflies of dread flutter in her stomach, knowing that if she had absentmindedly blurted out her feelings for him in her sleep, then she wouldn't know what to do.



He just shrugged like he didn't care. "I wanted to see you again, Alice." Her eyes widened as he willingly dropped the knife in his hand and it clattered to the floor at their feet. He then gently pried the knife she had out from her firm grasp, succeeding, and flung it across the room where it embedded itself into a wall. Yet she couldn't help but notice the little sparks shooting to life through her finger tips when he brushed his against hers, and wondered if he had the same feeling. "It's already been three years."



Three years, she thought, three years since he left and I've had nightmares ever since.



"Well you've seen me," she said, her voice steadier than she thought it was. She shivered when she noticed him staring at the scars on her arms, like he wondered why no one prevented such a thing from happening to her. She knew that he was thinking of the little girl he left behind, who was willing to do everything for him if that meant that he would be by her side, but she had never been strong enough for him, and didn't necessarily care about her like she constantly cared about him. The woman in front of him however, she was nothing like the little girl he left. She was headstrong and willing to go against anyone, even him, if it meant protecting the ones she loved. This was the girl he always wanted to see her turn into.



She moved uncomfortably away from his gaze, which she inwardly regretted, and forcefully stared into his blue eyes; once dull and lost but now full of life and desire. "I know you didn't decide to just come to visit me, so what do you want?" her eyes narrowed, "If this is you coming to give me a lecture about 'Destroying the world with the power crazy psychopath, and willing to kill me if I just so happen to get in your way' speech, then save it. I've heard it before." She hissed her words, feeling content when his whole expression turned dark.



"If I was going to do that, I would have just killed you already instead of wasting time trying to explain something you won't understand," he replied coldly, startled when she suddenly prodded her index finger on his chest.



"Who said I wouldn't understand your lies, Christian?" she snapped, traitor tears running down her cheeks. "I never get an honest answer from you and you are constantly doing it like you couldn't care less....and I can't take it anymore." He reached up to wipe away her tears, the skin on his fingers felt as if it were just breaking away.



"Then I won't lie to you anymore," he whispered, drawing a stray hair away from her face. He realised that her eyes portrayed the pain she felt with and without him.



"If only I knew you a little less, I would have believed you," she whispered back, noting the change in his expression: longing for something he could never have, a normal life without hurting anyone. They both knew that turning back the clock was impossible. "You still didn't answer my original question," she breathed.



"Why I came back?" She nodded, "I came back because I'm desperately in love with you." She inhaled sharply as if someone kicked her in the stomach but she also noticed the honesty in his voice. "I think about you all the time; you are always in my thoughts. I told myself that if I saw you again I would forget all about it. But..." He held her chin up, gulped a lump in his throat and carried on. "I can't because I love you, I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I will also love you then." His face was so close to hers, so close that she could see her reflection in his eyes. To think she waited ten years to hear those words.



"I love you too, with all my heart. So if you leave me, I'll hunt you down and kill you," she spoke, as if she was over joyed but her words were serious.



He smiled a rare smile she had never seen before. "I wasn't even planning on it." His arms went around her and he gently brushed his lips against hers.



Caught up in their little moment, Christian and Alice made a promise


to be by each other's side forever.




In the shadows dark eyes watched them from a distance, a twisted smile playing on his lips.




"Enjoy your happiness while you can, dear Christian. As this is the only happiness I will let you have. Your family will be mine to control, and there will be nothing you can do to stop me."




Will their love for each other survive something so evil...?






Words: 995





© Copyright 2014 Ailz (aramsa98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981580-Turning-Back-the-Clock