*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982126-Untitled-Heist-Documentary-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Crime/Gangster · #1982126
A group of siblings rob banks and videotape their heists as part of a documentary.
Drew held the camera steady. Pointing it directly at the man who was lying on the ground. The man appeared to be somewhat successful, but Drew thought that of any man wearing a suit. He heard a noise from inside the vault. He turned the camera toward it and listened.

“Get up!” He heard Noah yell from inside. The yell was followed by a few distraught sobs of the teller.

“You guys alright?” Drew called across the room.

Anna walked out, looking somewhat anxious.

“Hey.” She said, “You're supposed to be getting footage of the hostages, not us. We need more footage of the hostages.”

Drew turned the camera back toward the man in the suit.

“Okay, okay, fine.” He said, “But don't hurt the girl without me, I want to catch everything.”

“Of course.” Said Anna, smiling.

Drew panned the camera over the the six people on the ground. A man in a suit, a middle aged woman and her son, a slightly rotund man, and a young couple. He tried to be as professional as he could with the camera work; he didn't want it to look sloppy. They had already put a lot of work into this, he didn't want to mess it up now. He turned the camera sideways to catch a wider angle of the whole room. Well, they had done it again. As far as he could tell, the police hadn't even been alerted yet. He knew they would be, they always were, eventually.

He suddenly had an idea. He placed the camera on the floor and quickly moved into the vault.

The man in the suit looked around. They were all in there, whispering. He was so unsure if it was a good idea. He waited a moment and listened.

“No, we can't do that!”

“Why not? I would flow really great!”

“I think it's a good idea.”

“It seems a little corny to me. But I guess it could work, if we put it in the right place.”

Whatever they were talking about, the female didn't seem too thrilled with the idea. He finally made a decision. Now was his his only chance. He stood up and started running toward the door, only to be stopped by the man who was previously holding the camera.

“Hey, buddy! Where do you think you're going?” Drew said, as a smiled crept across his face, “Hey guys, I think we have the one! Come out here!”

Drew threw the man to his knees as the other two walked out to observe.

“Yeah, I think he'll do fine.” Said Anna, looking satisfied.

“Come here,” said Drew, grabbing the man and sitting him down in a chair. He pulled a comb from his pocket and handed it to the man. “Here,” he said, “comb your hair. You need to look nice on camera.” The man hesitantly took the comb and ran it through his hair, and then handed it back. Drew then picked up some twine which he had placed in the floor, and began binding the man's wrists and ankles. He then picked up the camera and propped it next to the man, so his face and upper shoulders were visible in the lens.

“Alright,” said Drew, “first of all, what's your name?”

The man didn't answer, but looked around the room, confused and frightened.

“Answer the question.” Drew said, the smile now fading from his face.

The man looked into the camera and said, “Christopher. Christopher Howell.”

“Great.” said Drew, “So, how do you feel so far?”

“How do I feel?”

“Yes, how do you feel? This is a very unique experience. Most people don't get to be a hostage. You just got lucky today. So how do you feel?”

“I... Um... Worried. Scared. I wish I could leave.”

“Good, you're doing great.” Said Drew, “One final question. Do you want to be famous?”

“Famous?”

“Yes.” Said Drew, slowly becoming more serious. “Do you want to be famous?”

“Um... I guess so. Why does that matter?”

“You'll see.” Said Drew, smiling at the other two.

He picked up the camera and handed it to Noah.

“Make sure you get the whole thing.” He said, backing up.

“What's going on?” Christopher was starting to get frantic. “What are you doing?”

Drew stood about twenty feet away from Christopher now. “Congratulations. You're going to be famous.” He reached around behind his back. “You will be the first one to go in our movie.”

“To go?”

“Yes,” said Drew, slowly pulling a out a silver handgun, “To go.”

Christopher began struggling. He tried and tried, but he couldn't escape from the chair which he was bound to.

“Wait!” He yelled, frantically, “Stop! Don't!”

Drew smiled and looked at Noah.

“Are you ready?”

Noah nodded.

Drew aimed the gun carefully. Christopher was struggling, but Drew knew how to shoot. This would be easy. He couldn't even hear Christopher's screams anymore. Once he aimed a gun, all he could do was focus on the gun and his target. He moved the gun slightly lower and to the left. He aimed right at the forehead. He move his finger to the trigger and stroked it once, before pulling it.

Christopher's head was thrown back violently and then slumped forward as his brains were ejected onto the wall.

Multiple people screamed and covered their faces. Noah walked over to them and yelled until they quieted down.

Christopher looked at the dead man in front of him. Blood was dripping down from the hole in his skull and onto his clean suit.

He was so focused on the man's body that he didn't hear Noah yelling for him.

“Drew! Let's go! The cops will be here soon. You just fired a gun! We have to go!”

Drew snapped back to reality and looked around the room one last time, before following the other two out of the back entrance.

Another bank, another heist, another segment.
© Copyright 2014 T. Tom Hajile (t_tom_hajile at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982126-Untitled-Heist-Documentary-Chapter-1