*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982178-The-Game
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1982178
Something To Keep Me Grounded
It doesn't matter if one wins or loses. The point is that they are willing to play anyway, not for the sake of winning, but just to play the game. Not everyone has what it takes to play. As a matter of fact most people quit playing. The second one quits they lose. At least if they keep playing they can score, and have some chance of winning. Sometimes one must take breaks and rest, or reevaluate their strategy, but don't just quit. If one keeps playing they can make progress one step at a time. Eventually the game will be over; however, there is no reason to stop playing the game. At some point one can look back at their life and see what the prize truly is. They played the game even when quitting seemed to be the best option. Now that is winning. They say life is a journey not a destination, but we all have the destination disease. We think more money, a bigger house, and the best car are success and happiness, which is so wrong. Yes we can have all of these things, and they can add to the comfort of our lives; however, these mere items are not the sole objective of life. Life is about learning and growing. Life is about forgiveness and tolerance. Love and compassion are irreplaceable, and can keep us sane, happy, and grounded. People will treat us poorly, but one must love them, and understand these people were also treated poorly. No matter how many of these people one encounters, or how hurt one is, they must live life for the shear joy of living life. They must remain here in the present. They must just keep playing the game.
© Copyright 2014 jordmartinez (jordmartinez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982178-The-Game