*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982229-cheat-cheater-and-cheating
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kavi
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1982229
This is a true story.A well planned brutal cheating that hit my life recently.
Early morning, Kavya woke up with a push, She heard her Grandmother speak and push her from back. So what? What big deal? Everyone wakes up with a sound or push.But the fact is that, Grandmother is no more in this world. Is this a ghost story?  Have patience guys, please read through!


Days started moving fast, Kavya’s marriage got fixed. Engagement set to happen in 10 days.All relatives and friends were informed.Shopping work one side, arrangements other side, office work along with this!..24 hours a day was not sufficient for Kavya!. "I checked everywhere, but the bank locker key is not found" said her aunt. "may be paati would have misplaced the key" added kavya. In Tamil language, grandmother is called as paati.

After Grandmother lost her memory, things were not in place at home. Aunt's health went down as well. No one to super-wise things. Kavya was raised by her paati and Athai(aunt). Kavya lost her mother very early.Dad was not staying with her. She was completely under paati's control. Her uncles were settled abroad and visited them regularly. They lived a simple and happy life. Things started messing up when both of them were bed ridden. They were taken care by a home nurse. Kavya was working in a software concern. The only aim, wish and happiness behind Athai and paati's struggle filled life was to see Kavya getting married. When she was about to settle with a marriage, both of them fell sick. In spite of her Illness, Athai managed to be part of all arrangements. She was very happy about Kavya's marriage with Arun. "Very decent family and a perfect boy. By God's grace she will lead a very happy life" said Athai to everyone. All her life struggle was to safe guard kavya and get her married. She did her best to manage all arrangements.

"why do you keep running here and there, why not you ask Sharath to take up some work and help you?" Asked Athai to Kavya."I can manage, if not,I will take my mama and Sid's help" said Kavya. Athai was not very happy when she said that because she trusted Sharath and believed he will run and do work for Kavya's marriage. But as per what Kavya believed, she dint like taking help from Sharath, main reason being his selfish and greedy nature. Sharath acted a "care taker" for Athai and paati and stayed upstairs. Uncles believed that, Sharath would run and do things for paati and Athai. "He claims to be a good person in front but actually doesn't do anything from his heart". He hurt Athai and paati many times by considering them sick and not taking them out for birthdays or any functions. They have personally felt bad about it, but never showed it out. But on the other hand, he gets lot of money from athai .Only good hopes Paati, Athai and Kavya had about Sharath is his kid. Kavya was very fond of the kid.Paati and athai's main time pass was to spend time with the baby.

Coming back to the Engagement day, Kavya's athai had promised to give a few jewels to Arun on their engagement.Bank locker key was found to be lost or misplaced. Kavya's jewels were kept in the locker. Athai and paati, from their savings(apart from monthly expenses, saves money sent from uncles) and Kavya's savings, purchased almost all gold required for marriage.Since it was risk to safe guard at home, they opened a locker, making Kavya nominee and safe guarded jewels in there. Kavya almost emptied full house to get the keys. She never found it. Since this marriage was an arranged marriage, Kavya and Athai had fear to make Arun's side believe the truth. Kavya somehow explained the situation to Arun and since his parent's were very much adjusting, they din't consider it an issue. In reality, So many marriages were stopped if such words are not kept up as agreed. By God's grace, things went on well on the engagement. Athai was all happy and blessed kavya to live a long life. Since paati lost memory, she dint know what was happening around.

While they planned to apply for duplicate key, Athai found the key in a bag. Athai believed that she messed with the key because of her bad memory. But Kavya din't take this issue seriously as she felt relieved of getting the key back. Athai informed the same to Arun's parents and was about to send the jewels through some relatives. For good sake, Kavya herself was about to visit her in-laws. Since paati was sick, Athai initially got permission from the bank for Kavya to operate the bank locker. When Kavya was about to visit the bank, Sharath stopped her saying that, bank officials will not let her operate the locker as no one has seen her before. Kavya din't feel this unusual as she trusted Sharath. After a few days, Sharath took her to the bank and signed in the register of the bank. They went inside and brought the jewels to be given to Arun.

Finally the day had arrived. A day paati and athai dreamt off. A colorful marriage that they wanted to witness. A joyful and a meaningful relationship that they wanted to gift Kavya. But both of them were not in a position to attend marriage. Marriage was suppose to happen in Madurai which is 8 hours from Chennai city. Athai was admitted in hospital for Dialysis. Paati was not able to walk and lost memory. All throughout her life, Kavya was cuddled and comforted by paati and athai. Athai sent her with tears on her eyes and smile on her lips. She blessed and said " this function will go on well.Do not worry about anything". paati din't know that Kavya was going for her marriage. Kavya couldn't digest that both of them are not accompanying her. More than being happy for her marriage, she felt hard and upset to leave the house. She cried a lot, prayed god, but nothing could bring Athai and paati to her marriage.

A shock was waiting for Kavya before her marriage. Jewels that was safe guarded by paati was found to be missing in locker. The worst situation is that, Kavya's thali chain(A rope that is used to tie around the neck of the bride by the groom.Especially in hindu marriages, which will be replaced by a gold chain in few days or months)was found missing. Apart from it, a few other jewels were also missing. Kavya was shocked and called Athai who was in dialysis. She cried to athai that jewels were missing.Athai asked Kavya not to worry and wait till she returns back to chennai after marriage. Already Athai and Kavya had to manage the "locker key lost situation" and again "jewels lost situation" arrived." how will i face his parents? How will i tell them that my jewels were found missing in locker? will they accept this fact? " These were the questions running in Kavya's mind, before, during and after marriage. She was stressed and her mind was confused. She tried to suppress her pain in heart and smile outside.She cried to god to help her manage the situation.

A terrible time a girl can ever face during her marriage.Till last minute running to get all arrangements done, people who raised her were not around for marriage, uncle who came from abroad to see her marriage couldn't accompany her as he was taking care of athai, on top of all this, her jewels were found missing. Kavya was physically present for marriage but mentally disturbed and hurt. When the priest announced to tie the holy knot, Kavya closed her eyes to witness paati and Athai blessing them. With tears in eyes, she believed that her family was around her.She was a little relieved of the stress after marriage went on well. Bride and Groom were brought home which was followed by a family round table conference. "Can we fix date next week?" asked one of Arun's relative. "Yes we can" said Arun's mother with a calender in hand. Kavya then asked whats happening. "They are fixing date for changing rope thali to chain" said Arun. Kavya's mind said, "oh my god, will you never leave me patient even for sometime, there comes a new problem" and she shook her head as fine.

After few days of marriage, Kavya was suppose to travel to Chennai.She got a call from Sharath that Athai passed away due to bad health. Kavya was shocked and rushed home. She burst out completely, as her aunt never saw her after her marriage.She missed to see Kavya and Arun together.This was one of the worst news that shook kavya from sleep for so many days. She gets up in middle of the night and cries for couple of hours. She remained like a dead person for a couple of days. Arun convinced kavya as much as he can and gave her strength to overcome it. Finally, she was out of her pains and accepted the reality that, Athai suffered a lot with pain.

The very next process was to manage the "thali chain "situation. Kavya and her uncle,along with Sharath, searched Luke and corner of the house. Not even a piece of gold was found. Kavya was upset and cried out to her uncle.She dint know how to face her in-laws family.She was left out with no money as she used all her money for marriage. No one to help as everyone were held up with their own commitments. Finally to manage the issue, as per her uncle's advice, Kavya used her aunt's jewels(Which she owe's to another aunt-sister of athai)and few of her small and broken jewels.She even had to use the earring in her grandmother's ears as Kavya was left with nothing. With lot of pain and regret, Kavya did that. She cried and said a sorry to her grandmother who din't understand what was going around. Though paati din't understand the situation or Athai was not alive,it was them, who helped kavya get off the tough situation.

Paati was not aware of her own daughter's demise. She remained disturbed in mind. She kept shouting Kavya's name often, but kavya had to leave paati behind at home,as she was married and should live with her husband.She got information from home nurse about paati's health. Things were getting terrible with paati also.She suffered with bedsores and was not in clear mind to understand anything. In a few months gap, Kavya receive another call about paati's demise. She again rushed back home for her grandmother's funeral. Kavya lost all that she had.All her life she lived with them. Athai and paati replaced mother and father for her. She felt like an orphan. Though she is married and settled in a new life, she had paati and athai all throughout her life. Kavya recalled the moments they were together, made fun of each other, laughed together, cried together, advice of paati and athai, good things that they taught her, path they showed her, sacrifices they did for her, etc.

The very next day, Arun had to travel back to Madurai as his work was to be completed. Kavya stayed at home. Her uncle had come from abroad.They both kept speaking on the old memories.When her uncle went out for some official matters, Kavya had worst time of her life sitting alone in the house which has never happened from her birth. Paati and athai never left her alone.She confessed for the times she spoke against them, got angry with them and mistook them. At the end of day, they did all good to her. They never left her answerable or feel bad about anything in life.With tears filled up in eyes she walked to both their rooms. Slowly the day passed. Arun called Kavya to check how she feels. Kavya spoke to him and said she wants to sleep soon.she was tired of not sleeping for 2 days.And soon, she fell asleep.

Early morning, Kavya wokeup with a push on her back. she heard her paati's voice. "did i dream her? or i heard her? Was she around me? did she tell me that? what did she mean?" so many questions. Kavya called Arun who was in sleep."Hey, wake up. I have something to tell you" said Kavya. Arun was irritated, but still asked what was it. "We need to go to the bank, where my jewels were kept.My paati asked me to go" said Kavya. Arun pushed him off his bed, "what? paati told you to go? when was this". "It was today morning Arun, she pushed me from back and said to go with her to bank". Arun was confusingly surprised!." Ok Kavya, you are kind of stressed with paati's demise. You take rest, lets see when i come to chennai next week" said Arun. Kavya knew, Arun dint believe her, but she definitely believed that something went wrong in the bank.

The very next week, Kavya forcefully took Arun to the bank. When they investigated about the locker in bank, the real game played was out in air. A super cool letter written in English, with paati's sign(So called).Paati knows only tamil is the funny part.The operation of the bank was changed to Mr forgery king.This forgery guy has used locker after paati fell sick.The key was not lost but key was hidden.Jewels were not missing but stolen.The worst of everything, using poor old people's disability to cheat, because they have no health or mind to find the truth.For those who read all the above can easily spot who it is, but it took 3 long months and a push from paati, for Kavya to know the truth.Not to call it lack of efficiency, but call it a blind trust. Kavya believed what her aunt and grandmother believed.

After caught red-handed, Mr forgery, is now finding reasons and building story, screen play and direction for his upcoming forgeries :) Definitely, paati and Athai would have known the blunders by now, wherever they are.Though they are not present physically, but Kavya can feel them and hear them.When Kavya closes her eyes, she can see them comforting her still. When she cries, they rub her tears, when she is down they encourage her, when she weeps they make her laugh, when she feels alone, they say we are here. 12 hours of her sleep is filled with their dreams.Till truth comes to light, they will be with Kavya. Even if Kavya take this for granted, they will not!

Mistake on Kavya was that,She never twisted her thought in such angle where, a family member, in such a circumstance, will use her jewels, cheating 2 old and diseased women, for his personal needs. And yes, personal needs are not the tough times, its for trips to Singapore and Malaysia.Playing with a girl's hard earned money and 2 old person's blood, he took his wife and kid to enjoy around the world. Wow, what a useful way, he used Kavya's jewels. Should appreciate and give him a award isn't it? Yes, Mr Sharath should be awarded and rewarded. This culprit should get huge applause for cheating.

He will be rewarded with the burning heart of a girl who stood answerable in her own marriage for not doing any mistake. He will be paid for making a fool of 2 old women, who trusted him and gave him equal importance to deal with their money. He will be awarded for playing with the life of a girl who did no harm to him. He will be blessed with god's grace for cheating the whole family. He will be appreciated for hiding the truth and not accepting his mistake even after caught red-handed. All together, rest of his life, he will get back all the beautiful blunders he made in the family. Last but not least, God(Amma, paati and Athai) will not leave this for granted.He will pay for it!

The funny fact on top of all this is that, He is about to take a revenge on Kavya, just because she informed his wife about the truth. So what revenge should Kavya take for stealing her jewels and hiding it.His third-rated behavior of not even apologizing for his mistake.He can hide the truth to anyone but not to god.Punishment god gives him will be lot more than law .The question here is, who should take revenge on whom? hahaha!

To all those who read this, never trust anyone in life blindly. Be safe with your things. Bad people always carry a different face in front. They are filled with poison and will blunder your life even if the mistake is not yours. THEY WILL GO TO AN EXTENT OF KILLING YOU!...BEWARE!!!!!  of CHEAT, CHEATER and CHEATING!
© Copyright 2014 kavi (kavi05 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982229-cheat-cheater-and-cheating