*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982249-Undecided
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1982249
When a dream comes true. But not the dream you wished.
Chapter one
         They say that an education is useless in today's society. They say that books are an unnecessary cost. They are the rulers of our world. I am not like the others. I am one of the last true nerds. I have met others like me but most of them went 'missing' in about forty - eight hours, one is still here with me, the others lasted longer but not by much. I am going to find them and we are going to take down the system.
         BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Six- thirty, great! I was having a great dream. O.K. it was terrible. Who would get rid of books? Oh, what ever I have to get up any ways. Time for my daily routine. First breakfast. I race down stairs.
         " Mornin' Bethany," one of my roommates, Josoline, says.
         "Good Morning, Josy. How did you get down before me?"
         "You of all people should know about the law change."
         "Of course I do. That's why I wanted to get down before everyone else," I say as I poor milk onto my Loops- O- Sugar.
         "SO you woke up at six-thirty just so you could be upstaged by me yet again? Josoline taunts
         "No! I woke up at six- thirty to get my routine in and catch the law change at the same time," that was probably a lame retort,but it will have to do, for now. Second clothes.
         I bring my cereal to my room and pick out clothes that will suit any and every activity I may have to do today, and put them on.
         "Beth, is the news paper here yet?" Alisson asks as she reaches my doorway.
         "I don't think so, why?"
         "I wanted to catch the law change before it airs on television at seven - thirty," She looks confused and should be the paper is almost always here before my six- thirty alarm goes off exspesialy on law change days.
© Copyright 2014 missandykat (andykat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982249-Undecided