*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983590-The-Maids-Misfortune
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Mystery · #1983590
A dirty maid tries to get a hold of her boss's wealth in this murder mystery.
Characters:

Jared Sloan - 72 - Rich husband

Ellis Sloan - 68 - Jared's wife

Candy - 24 - Jared’s maid.

Doctor - 35 - The Doctor




Storyline:

Jared and Ellis live in a very large house. The house has 4 floors, 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 3 kitchens and 3 living rooms.  It has a large pool to the south of the house. With a large house they both decided to hire a maid named Candy. The story takes place in a hospital and in their own home. The story begins in the hospital where Ellis has just passed away from an overdose of her medication as it appears she has committed suicide.Jared was at work when Candy found Ellis not feeling well. After returning back to their home to let the doctors deal with the coroner Candy and Jared talk about what would happened if Jared dies. He decides to leave all his wealth for Candy but he doesn’t seem happy about it. Candy wants his wealth so much that she poisons Jared during super. Jared walks quickly to his room to use his bathroom to throw up. He goes into his room and sees a note on the bedside, a suicide note from Ellis. It describes she wanted to die. However, moments before he dies he realizes that the handwriting on the suicide note is not Ellis’, but Candys. He falls to the ground and drops the note.



SETTING:

Seattle Grace Hospital, Seattle Washing. Ellis is laying in the bed lifeless. Jared and Candy are looking over her. The doctor walk into the room.





Doctor: I suppose you’re Mr. Sloan? (Jared nods). And who is this young lady here?

Candy: I’m Mr. and Mrs... well Mr. Sloan’s maid.

Doctor: Ah well yes, the drug tests shows that she did in fact overdose on her medication. (He looks down at his clipboard then looks back up). I have asked the coroner to deal with the body and he will take her to the funeral home.

Jared: Thank you doctor. What shall we do now… (he pauses) do we fill out paperwork? (He points to the clipboard).

Doctor: You may return to your home now. The coroner won’t be here for a couple of hours. I suggest you two go get something to eat and come back after supper.

Candy: Let’s go Jared. There’s nothing we can do here. I’ll make us something both to eat when we get home. (She puts her arm around him. He nods and they walk off the stage)



The scene changes and the curtains close. The next scene takes places in Jared’s dining room. Candy is cooking food in the kitchen. Jared is seated at the table waiting for Candy to finish cooking.



Jared: Candy, an old man like me is sure to die soon. I feel bad for when I have to leave a young gal like you all alone. (He sighs and looks down). Can I ask you something?

Candy: (From the kitchen, she is cutting some food) Huh? What is it?

Jared: Get in here Candy, don’t shout from the kitchen, I’ll wait for ya.

Candy: (Gives him a dirty look) Hold your horses, the food’s done. (Candy walks towards the dining table with two plates of chicken. She sets them down on the table and sits across from Jared). So what is it Jared?

Jared: I don’t know how to put this so I’m just going to be blunt. When I die I want you to inherit what I own. My house, the wealth, everything.

Candy: (Her eyes widen and her mouth drops.) I .. I.. I.. don’t know what to say.

Jared: Well you can start off by saying thank you.

Candy: But I --

Jared: (He interrupts) but nothing. You've been good to Ellis and I ever since we hired you. You’re all I have left.

Candy: (She smiles sweetly at him and blushes) Thanks Jared. I have to go to the washroom, can I be excused?

(He smiles and nods. Candy gets up and walks to stage right. She opens the door and shuts it. CLICK! Indicating she is in another room.)



Candy: Yes! Now I can finally get all of his wealth and money! After all these years I can finally obtain it. Now with Ellis out of the way that money is mine! mine!! MINE! (she laughs hysterically as Jared walks over to the bathroom and knocks on the door at the same time. She clears her throat as if she was coughing.)

Jared: Candy, are you alright in there?

Candy: Just a minute! (She fixes her hair quickly then opens the door. She smiles at him. He smiles back)

Candy: Let’s go back downstairs. Ill clean up the table. I’m not that hungry anyway.



(They both walk towards the dining room. Jared sits down in the living room to watch tv. Candy is in the dining room cleaning up the dishes. The telephone rings. RING RING. RING RING. RING RING.)



Jared: (He answers the telephone) Hello?

Julia: Hello… (a long pause) Dad.

(Jared drops the telephone and picks it up)

Jared: What? Who are you!?

Julia: The daughter you left on the front door step of my cousin’s when I was 2. Remember me dad?

Jared: (His eyes widen) Julia!? (He says with an excited and sad voice. Candy looks over at Jared when she hears the name of another girl.)

Julia: Yes dad, it’s me. Look outside the window.

Jared: (He looks outside the window to see a tall 35 year old woman with auburn hair reaching down to her neck. He is surprised to see her.) Well what are you waiting for? Come here! (He starts to cry)

Candy: What the hell is going on!? (Jared ignores her) Jared answer me! (She goes towards the living room stomping her feet) What is going on?!



(The doorbell rings and Jared goes to the door to answer it. He opens the door and sees a beautiful young lady that appears to be his long lost daughter. They hug each other and look into each others eyes for a moment and then hug again. Candy sees this {to her} an older lady.)



Candy: And just who do you think you might be? Stay away from my money! -- I mean, stay away from Jared! (She looks at Julia in disgust and spits on her)



Jared: Candy! (He slaps her across the face)

Julia: Stop it you two!

(Julia and Candy get into a fight. Candy slaps Julia and Julia slaps Candy. They pull each others hair and Julia kicks Candy in the shin which ends up knocking her to the ground.)



Julia: And stay down you little money-stealer. You’re only here for my dad’s money and I will not let you take it! Isn’t that right dad?

Jared: That’s right. Oh thank you Julia for showing up just in time to stop this dirty maid from my money. I don’t think I could ever repay you.

Julia: You don’t have to repay me for anything dad, it was you who was the victim here.

Candy: (Still laying on the ground from being knocked down) You little ….

Julia: Enough! (She drags Candy across the room to the front door)  You’re getting out of this house before you hurt my mom and dad anymore! Wait, where is mom?

Candy: I murdered her to get your father's money and now you ruin it! How dare you ruin my flawless plan!

Julia: MURDERER!  (She drops to her knees and cries)

Jared: May you burn in the depths of hell! May god eat your soul and burn you alive while you rots in the pits of hell!



(Police sirens are heard in the background and two policemen barge into the room and handcuff Candy. She goes without a fight as she realizes she has been defeated. The end)

© Copyright 2014 Jaydan Williams (jaydanwilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1983590-The-Maids-Misfortune