*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984056-Saga-in-the-South-on-the-Farm-Edition
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #1984056
It is what it is...nevertheless
I knew an old man once, we were on an old dirt road walking and talking, he hovered above me, he stuck one leg out and circled his foot in the dirt there on that road. He said, with a circle of his foot in the dirt, "This is your ass..." then he shifted his weight and circled his left foot in the dirt and said "This is a hole in the ground"...I remember feeling at first a bit confused...I know it must have been showing on my face I saw it in his eyes...He then said "Now which one is your ass and which one is a hole in the ground?" Suddenly it hit me, I felt it swirling up on my insides. ahh hahaha Old Man, not this time, I must have been all of eight...I know the realization must have shown on my face in that moment as well. I looked up at him with knowing in my eyes and I pointed at my rear end and said "THIS is my butt" (knowing not to curse in front of him only to find out later he would have just laughed) "and both of those are holes in the ground!" He laughed and laughed and patted me on the back and said "Yeah girl, you really do know your ass from a hole in the ground!"
© Copyright 2014 DeAnna Abbott (deannaabbott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984056-Saga-in-the-South-on-the-Farm-Edition