*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984378-A-Chocolatey-Delight-for-Mothers-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1984378
A tale of Mothers day - Gift your mother an appreciation
I have to admit that I have not been in my mother's good books since last Mother's Day. I even forgot to wish her in the morning and by the time I came back, there was not even a single florist who could be my last resort in a blind panic. Therefore to make up for that disastrous mistake I vowed that this Mother's Day would be special.
Now I'm not exactly flash with the cash so I've been saving up. I take a packed lunch to work, I've cut down on expenses and I try to walk instead of jumping in the car. As well as getting fitter I've also managed to save up enough to really treat mum this Mother's Day.
But what gift could I possibly bestow that would put me in her good books this year? Well mothers deserve pampering on Mother's Day right? So what better than to book her in for a luxury spa session? I searched online and came across the Conde Nast Johansens site. They specialise in luxury hotels and spas, so the website said, but what really caught my eye was the Easter offer they had going.
It's called the Great Conde Nast Johansens Easter Egg Hunt. All I had to do was find the hidden Easter eggs on their website to discover a host of special offers, all with a chocolate theme. Ok, I thought, this could bag me a bargain but what happened next took me by surprise. I didn't just get a bargain, I got a prize! Yes I won a luxury chocolate spa treatment for mum. She is going to be thrilled and I'm left with the money I saved to throw in a few extra gifts too. Well, she really does deserve it!
Honestly, check out the CNJ Easter Egg Hunt as you could end with a few brownie points yourself - chocolate ones too!
© Copyright 2014 steve10988 (steve10988 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1984378-A-Chocolatey-Delight-for-Mothers-Day