*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985044-Letters-never-sent
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1985044
A letter written to a friend from long ago.
Hi Angie,

I don't know if you will remember me, but we went to school together. It was in the seventh grade. It's been over 35 yrs and your probably wondering why anyone would get in contact with you after such a long time. I thought about that myself, and I'm blaming it on old age. I'll see if you can guess who I am from what I'm about to say. Don't worry, these are innocent memories from a distant past.

We went out for a short period of time. I lived on the opposite end of town and would come out to your house to hang out. There was a certain place we would go to talk. It was on a hill overlooking a busy intersection where Route 53 and Normantown road met. There was a tree and some bushes that created a private space away from the world. We spent hours there talking and attempting to be romantic in our awkward adolescent ways.

You were my first official date. We met at a movie theater in Bolingbrook. We arrived separately, and I believe we told our parents that we were meeting a group of friends, but in reality it would only be the two of us. "Grease" was the movie that was playing. We held hands throughout the movie. It was an innocent time, yet memorable. Every time I watch that movie I always think about you. The memory of you and the movie have been forever intertwined in my thoughts. This is still one of my favorite movies from the past and you may have had something to do with that.

I'm not writing to rekindle a childhood romance or enter into your life. There are just so many things that go unsaid and so many memories that go unshared in our lives. This is one of my memories and I wanted to share it with you.

Mike


© Copyright 2014 mikemahoney (wanderlife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985044-Letters-never-sent