*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985145-The-Unexpected
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1985145
The Unexpected envelope.
The Unexpected


My friend Katie and I was sitting down at my house watching a movie when my grandmother called my phone and ask me to come over for just a second she said she had something for me. So I told her I was on the way, she only stayed a few blocks away. I told my friend to walk with me because my grandmother told me she had something for me. Once someone says they have something for me that’s the first thing you think of is money. So while we where walking down the road my friend were talking and while she was talking all I could imagine was my grandmother handing me a 100-dollar bill. My friend was still talking I happen to look at her I told her that I didn’t understand a word you just said. She was like because you was over there day dreaming and talking to yourself that why you didn’t understand what I was saying. So we got to my grandmother her she was talking our heads off because she loves to talk. So she went in the kitchen and she grab her pocket book. I was getting a little excited because I knew I was about to get me some money. You would never guess what she pulls out! She pulls out an envelope and tells me that I got accepted into Yale University, I was so excited and mad at the same time.
© Copyright 2014 Kendall (kendallb2014 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985145-The-Unexpected