*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985231-The-Fire
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1985231
Short story about a girl who controlled fire.
The Fire


When Ember was born, everyone knew she would be fierce. She had a fire in her amber eyes, and her hair was the color of a flame. Yet nobody knew she would develop a connection to fire, so strong that she would be able to control it. As she grew, problems started to appear. Eventually she had to be homeschooled so she wouldn't lose her temper and burn something. When Ember was a teen, she ran away, into a forest. She found a path leading to a hidden entrance to a room. She figured she could live in there, and find everything she needed. Away from people, she did what she wanted, when she wanted. When she came back, she found a boy. One who liked her. His name was Mike. They went out on a few dates, then they went back to his house. The next day, Mike said he was going to find another girl. Ember was heartbroken. As she started crying, each tear hurt more than the last. Crying, she ran back into the forest, never coming back. In a surge of anger, she started a fire, letting it sprout up from the ground, and then let it fly apart, sparks flying everywhere, burning the trees.

And that fire still stands today, in the eyes of all of Ember's descendants. If you travel far enough, you may find the burnt forest, and hear the crackling of the fire that will never truly be destroyed.
© Copyright 2014 Curiousfire (curiousfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985231-The-Fire