*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985275-General-Observation
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1985275
I have tried to simplify certain mundane thoughts.
Typically a “normal” person will go through life without having “realizations” about his own life or life in general.



For most people, it is about using their own experiences based on the location of the consciousness that they currently have. That is their “truth.”



Their life “catalog” is usually tinted with the colors of “bad,” “good” or “neutral” experiences and through them, there will be a reaction towards life.



That reaction becomes their actions and thus, because they come from a certain location of consciousness, the consequences of those actions are “limited.” They are unable to see the overall picture.



In which way are they limited?

My religion is the “true” one.

People who wear several rings in their hands are tacky.

Einstein is the greatest scientist in the world.



All of the above beliefs are limited in their scope because they come from the perception of a limited consciousness.



Generalizing something or segregating are two sides of the same coin originating from the same type of limited consciousness.



Please see that the above is not a religious thought. It is not a “dogma” or an “ism.”

It is just a realization coming from observing life through observing the self without being colored by defending a particular belief system or making life fit my belief system.



That is what I call being “honest.”



A realization typically impulses someone to perceive things in a different way. Those realizations are not intellectual reasons, but a perception, what is called an “Aha! moment“ which is driven by your intuition and supported by your feelings. There may not be a way to put those realizations into words.



Depending on the integrity and self-confidence of the individual, then his actions will be according to those realizations. Nevertheless; a realization cannot be set up as the “ultimate truth.” It is evolving as our circumstances and consciousness changes. It has a timing and a purpose like everything in life.



That is what I call “openness.”



The above may not be for everyone. For it entails a life of discovery. There is nothing there to take as a dogmatic truth or as the “way things ought to be.”



It is far easier to accept something coming from someone else. Someone who we may see as “illuminated,” or “awakened.” We could just follow and relinquish our own life of discoveries.



Nevertheless, someone who is already awakened could see that not everyone is in the same conscious level and rather than proselytize to feel good about his own “truth” or ideas, that individual may want to allow for every person to discover according to their particular capacity.



That is what could be called a “spiritual teaching.”



A teacher in spirituality is not someone who necessarily has the gift of gabbing or someone who has lots of information in his brain. It is not about reciting a dogmatic view of the world either.



A teacher merely gives the environment for realizations to occur. A teacher does not give the “truth” but the initial soil for a new seed to grow into a tree.



That tree ultimately will need to feed itself through its own foliage, that is; those things which it left behind through realizations, will be the leaves falling around that tree in time, which paradoxically are the true source of nutrients for that tree to grow strong, beautiful and happy.
© Copyright 2014 rajasri (rajasri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985275-General-Observation