*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986150-Underneath-The-Mask
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Opinion · #1986150
A rare attempt at a non-rhyming poem. For truly beautiful women.
If someone can't see your beauty with all your masks removed...

When you're completely exposed... bare… stripped down and uncovered

I ask you…

What right do they have to comment on concealed beauty? To push breath past lips and deign to speak on the façade? The veneer? To attempt to drink from the well of the mirage? To claim to see what is merely the reflection of the whole?

Quite simply…How can one blind to what's underneath truly appreciate veiled perfection, unless they first remove their tinted lenses, lift the covering, and embrace what is hidden?

How can one, without vision, boast the claim that they can see…

How could they allow themselves that deception when the very vanity of their delusion betrays any thoughts of sanity and exposes the fallacy of their mental state?

When every empty, hollow compliment reeks of futility and reveals the secret of their aberration? Validates the certainty of their abnormality?

That they simply can not and will not see the truth…

That the Truth remains concealed to them because they love the lie and find the truth offensive.

They try to convince you that the lie is more agreeable, somehow, more honest, more authentic. But the truth is that it is a simple embellishment.

The lie was a guide, a compass, a tutor.. All designed to lead right back to the truth. To make that truth stand out, make it more lovely... not to replace it.

The lie was never intended to be permanent. It was not purposed to be a fix. There was nothing to be repaired because the truth...

It was never broken.

It was not less than whole, it wasn’t incomplete. It was simply hidden under the lie so long that it grew accustomed to the shadow. (ha)

But the truth...

The truth is perfection... it is simple, it is true, it is life, it is you... with all your masks removed. Completely exposed...naked and unashamed, revealed...

I see you…

And you…you…

You are… beautiful… underneath the mask.

© Copyright 2014 Omega Red (omegared77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1986150-Underneath-The-Mask