*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987007-The-coffee-mug
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1987007
Searching for the coffee mug while still half-asleep
She pushed the start button on the coffee maker. The whir of the coffee grinder was pulling her out of the thickness of the residual sleep. But where was the coffee mug? Tumbling down the rabbit hole she wandered into the red room. Velvet cushions on the chairs caught her eye as an elegant lady served tea with the finest bone china from England, but no coffee mug. Through the mirror she crossed to the green room with tendrils of ivy growing through the backs of the chairs around the table. In the corner a harp made of a tree with plant stalks for strings. She whirled around into the yellow room where a child's train set circled the room and the stuffed animals sat at the small table having a party. "Would you like some hot cocoa?" asked Minnie Mouse, offering a Donald Duck mug. She slid down the staircase landing gracefully in the living room and looked through the open door to the kitchen. Her lover stood there, looking like a butler from an Edwardian television drama, offering her the coffee in her favorite mug.
© Copyright 2014 Elizabeth3422 (elizabeth3422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987007-The-coffee-mug