*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987961-The-Boy-and-The-Girl
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Josh
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1987961
Thought of the idea during a restless night. Please tell me what you think.
Once upon a time there was a boy, the boy was walking through the woods when he heard a strange sound, so he went to investigate. The boy came upon a girl, the girl was very hurt and in serious trouble. The boy acted quickly and picked the girl up and carried her out of the woods and to a doctor on his back. The girl survived, but was asleep, and she slept for days and days. The boy didn’t care though, he decided to wait by the girl’s bed until she woke up, however long that took. And so the boy waited, for days and days, he waited for the girl to wake up. Until one day, she did. The girl woke up to see the boy, asleep in a chair next to her bed. The doctor walked in, happy to see the girl awake, and told her how the boy had carried her here and waited. Then the boy woke up, seeing that the girl was awake a well, the boy decided it was time to leave. The girl tried to speak up to stop the boy from leaving, but nothing came out, the girl had lost the ability to speak and make any noise. So she did the only thing she could do, she stood up out of bed and began following the boy. The boy noticed and told her to stay, she would be safe with the doctor, but the girl ignored him and continued following. The boy gave up and accepted the girl following him, and he began to walk. They both began to walk, with the girl following wherever the boy went. With each day passing, the girl walked a little closer, and the boy walked a little slower, until one day they walked side by side. Months passed them by, with the boy talking and taking, telling the girl stories about his family, and great fables and anything else he could think of. The boy worried that the girl would get annoyed by his constant talking but she never did, in fact she loved it, she loved to hear the boy’s voice. And so, they walked, the boy talking the whole way. Years passed them by and their relationship grew. They no longer wanted to walk alone, where ever they went they wanted to go together. And so they did. After many many years, the girl and the boy decided to stop walking and build a house and live together. And so they did. And they were happy with their lives, happy with where they had walked and eventually, where they had decided to stop. Every day they would take a little stroll up to a cliff and watch the sunset and then walk home. But one day, up on the cliff, the girl collapsed. The boy didn't know what to do, he held the girl in his arms and she weakly glanced up at the boy and smiled. The boy with tears streaming down his face, held the girl close and told her a story, a story about a boy who found a girl in the woods, and how that girl had followed the boy everywhere he went. He told the girl all about how the boy and the girl slowly grew to love each other and were happy. When the boy was finished his story, the girl looked up at the boy and weakly smiled one last time and went limp in the boy’s arms. The boy cried and cried until the sun set and rose again. Finally, stricken with grief, the boy stood up and began walking, towards the edge of the cliff, and for the first time since he was young, the boy walked alone. He hated every step, until at last, the boy walked off the cliff and fell.


The End.
© Copyright 2014 Josh (josh_woodard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987961-The-Boy-and-The-Girl