*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987966-The-Order
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1987966
introduction to The Gifted series
I held the little bundle of tremors close to my body, silently willing every pair of marching boots to move away from our hiding spot. I could see cold, dead eyes searching for any stragglers from within the HUD of every snatched soldier. Even now they were clearing out another town to fuel their armies. Not just any town though and not just random people, this was my home, I knew all of the blank minded slaves being loaded into the overly shiny silver trucks. I watched as first my mother went in without a fight then my father, my boyfriend, my brother, even the plump little mayor was being rounded up.
I desperately wanted to reassure my little sister Angel that everything was going to be fine but I knew that she could see the crumbling buildings of our childhood falling around us. Her tiny body was shaking from all the horrible things she saw in my mind but I could not protect her from my thoughts, hell I couldn't even begin to clear my own mind.

I could still hear bombs exploding against the side of the school building, kids running up and down the halls trampling each other. Screams filled the air along with the sharp metallic scent of blood. The only thing I could focus on was getting to my 6 year . old sister Angel. I could hear her calling me above all the chaos urging me forward begging me to keep the scary men away. Then nothing. She had stopped using our telepathic bond, my heart stopped. They couldn't have her, they wouldn't have her. My body convulsed once before my large black raven wings spread out behind me and i felt my powers stretching out like a tired bird. I darted forward once again, using my wings to push kids out of my way.
© Copyright 2014 NoraTheGreat (norathegreat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1987966-The-Order