*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988176-it-was-nice-while-it-lasted
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1988176
my resignation.
I think this is the end. My nature being what it is, and rebellion my go to response, I’ve come to hate this place.



Naturally anyone with the proper chemical balance in their head would find this place very welcoming, but the very idea of any small group, of any kind, of any sort, run by a single person, or even a small coalition, will eventually earn my distain. Now that I've met you, no matter how friendly, or bright, or helpful that you were, you have become big brother, and as such I am moved to rebel.



I am a rebel/loner/vampire bat and I will always be alone and I shall always stand against something. That is who I am. So, take no offence, because today this place is just the flavor of the week. Your problem was, in fact, that you were NOT a faceless organization that I could simply ignore, but rather that you were alive and vibrant and active and aware, so be glad that is who you are.



I will not be back and few, if any, will care that I am gone, but I thank all of you who have commented on my work and have given me your support. and if i can say even one thing that you might take from this letter let it be this: Above all else, be who you are even if it means being someone at all.



Scott A. McDowell

© Copyright 2014 Sam Queston (musedesired at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988176-it-was-nice-while-it-lasted