*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988679-The-Lightness-of-Passion
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1988679
The Lightness of Passion (The Weightiness of Being Passionate)
THE LIGHTNESS OF PASSION (THE WEIGHTINESS OF BEING PASSIONATE)

Have you ever been in a situation that once you had a hobby and it didn’t take long you just stop doing that? When you realize that your hobby is not your hobby anymore. You see your thing is not as excited as it was.

Grown-up people might say that it is important to have career or business that represents your hobby. Your job will be more enjoyable if you do it as passionately as do your hobby. I slightly agree with it, because somehow most of us are excessively trying to connect between the two of them. You might think your hobby is not sustainable if it doesn’t leverage your own status (skills or money for example). Or, you are the idealist who seeks pleasure and work at the same time.

Bewildered me is not trying to resolve these conditions, but I’m just trying to “philosophically” (I don’t mind if you say “craptanically”) figure the relation out between the expectation and the interpretation of them. Seemingly, many writers and artists have been experiencing these phenomena. They commonly argue that everybody expect more and more about them.

Hobby is associated with a favorable activity that we are exciting and passionate most to it. But, I would say that we couldn’t merely say all of those emotions could be manifested into a sort of activities that we call “business”, “work”, or “hobby”. I would say passion is a state of mind instead of favorably exciting activity. All those emotions reside on your head; the rests (physically seen) are about assumptions.

I really like the term of passion, but unfortunately it is inevitably being ubiquitous. Passion is not something sacred but we can’t just abusively exploit the term every time. This can’t help people to appreciate more but rather despise it. Some people simply would say “it doesn’t be my passion anymore” or “I’m not passionately getting into this thing”, etc. I could compromise to stop effortlessly discussing about the term. Furthermore, don’t challenge me by asking more about it, cause I don’t have a degree of it.

You’ve might ever read “The unbearable lightness of being” by Milan Kundera. I quote one of the summaries on Internet: “Lightness is associated with freedom, escape, and a lack of commitment. It is attractive, but also “unbearable”, largely because lightness is so fragile, and so threatened by the weight of existence. Weight is associated with the idea of a sense of duty and responsibility.”

It is not only physical things (including an apple) tend to fall because of gravitation, the lightness does as well.
I also have a summary from those expectations and interpretations.
If it is a hobby just stay forever as lightly as it is.

Don’t get confused with the definition

After all, it really rests on your interpretation

Substantially, it brings you a passion

So don’t do it as an obligation

Cause it is just seen as an occupation

You may get an appreciation

But don’t get surprised if you just receive it only for an occasion

© Copyright 2014 F.K.Kosasih (ferkurr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988679-The-Lightness-of-Passion