*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988848-The-Mysterious-Puzzel-Box
by Mike
Rated: 13+ · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1988848
the man who obtain's the puzzle box
A regular guy wish's something different will happen in his life that moment is about to happen so the story begin's here.



John slowly opens his eyes. He notices that the sun is really bright and gets out of bed to close the curtains of his bedroom window.



His wife awakens "Good morning honey, how are you feeling today?"



"I'm feeling pretty good today and the sun is really bright this morning. I guess the weather guy was correct when he said it was suppose to be extra sunny today. I feel like something new is going to happen today." John responds.



"Will you help around the house?" his wife asks



"No, its something else. Well, whatever I've got to get ready for work."



As he leaves the bedroom his wife calls out "Don't forget to get the kids up for school."



"I won't forget!" John then goes to the shower to start his day as he is in the shower  Michael wakes up.



as Michael get's up he wakes his sister up and tells her its time to get ready for school Cindy slowly begins to open her eyes.



As Cindy get's out of bed Michael  asks why do i always have to wake you up every morning?" Cindy responds by saying sorry



i will try to be more responsible Michael says whatever let's get ready for school.



John gets out of the shower and put's his job uniform on as he leaves the bathroom he goes back to his bedroom.



When he walks in there he says to his wife i hope you have a good day today his wife responds i hope your day is great too.



John says don't worry my day will be just fine John say's see you later as he walks out of the bedroom.



John walks toward the house door and begins to leave before he leaves he remembers i have to wake the kids up.



John walks toward the children doors to his surprise they are already prepared for school.



Michael  says hey dad what's up John responds by saying wow you kids grow up so fast you kids don't even need me to get you guys up anymore.



John ask's where is your sister at Michael responds i think she is in the bathroom John says well tell your sister that i love her very



much And i will see you guy's later Michael responds by saying alright bye dad.



John then heads toward the house door then leaves as he walks outside he sees his neighbors arguing John ignore's them and enters his car.



john pulls out of his drive way and heads off to work John turn's the radio on and it's the daily news john begins to listen.



The women reporting the news speaks about a local serial killer who has been killing people around his area John begins to get upset.

John turns off the radio John ask's himself day in and day out always the same thing happening around the world .



What if i could make i difference John begins to laugh who am i to make a difference i am just one man i need to focus on my family and my job.



John arrive's at work he parks his car and begins to leave it but then he hears someone shout his name he looks around and its his old time friend Jeff.



Jeff walks up to John and ask's "what have you been up to?" John responds by saying pretty much the same thing how about you.



Jeff says im been trying to keep my marriage me and my wife argue alot and i hope we can keep it for the sake of the kids.



John says well i wish you the best of luck after all we have been friends are whole life's and i know this will be ok in the end Jeff responds by saying Thank you.



John says well let's get ready for this long boring day at work Jeff responds by saying yea your right they both enter the school Jeff tells John i will talk to you on our lunch break John responds by saying see you later



John heads toward his classroom he walk's in and shout's out how is everyone doing this morning the students all shout out pretty good Mr. Peterson.



John ask's the the student's does everyone have the homework i assigned last week the student's respond by saying yes.



John begins to collect all the homework but notices that one of the student's did not do it he walks up to him and ask's Jimmy

"why did you not do the homework i assigned last week ?" Jimmy responds by saying alot has been going on lately and i am just a little

stressed.



John tells himself this kids family from what i have heard has a large amount  of money and from what the other students say that he get's like everything he whats.



John tells Jimmy that your in 8th grade now so i don't think this is a good way to enter high school Jimmy responds by saying please

can we not talk about this right now i will make it up so can you let me off the hook this time John says well alright just try not to let it happen again Jimmy responds by saying alright Mr. Peterson.



Sometime later John is now on his lunch break John begins to eat his lunch but Jeff says how is your day going John responds by saying well i do have this student that has been having problems lately.



Jeff ask's John your not talking about Jimmy are you John responds by saying :how do you know?.



Jeff tells John you should stay away from him he just gives me a bad feeling John responds by saying your talking crazy again.



Jeff says to John maybe your right  but you could be wrong for a change John responds by saying i doubt it well lunch is almost over

i gotta get back to class John tells Jeff i wont be leaving the job the normal time because i have to finish grading all this work.



Jeff responds by saying well i guess i will talk to you again tomorrow John says alright see you later.



Later that day when all the student's are gone John is still there and telling himself will grading these papers ever end.



10 minutes later John says Yes a finally finished John quickly grabs his coat then leaves the classroom.



As John is walking down the hall the he looks out the window and notices that Jimmy is outside John out of curiosity leaves the school

then walks outside to see what he is doing.



As John walk's outside the school he notice's from a distance that Jimmy appears to have some sort of puzzle box.



Jimmy begins to walk behind the school John slowly follows him John notice's that Jimmy is talking but that there is know one around him.



John from a distance hears Jimmy say it's your fault why i have no parent's and that my life has no meaning without them.



I know how i can fix this Jimmy pulls out a gun and puts it up against his head and say's i can finally be with them.



John shouts out don't do it Jimmy smile's and says it's finally over then pulls the trigger.



John with shock quickly pulls out his cell phone and dial's 911 the police ask him whats the problem John say's franticaly there

has been a Suicide please come quick the operator says stay calm we will send someone over right away John says please hurry.



As john waits for the police he notice's the puzzle box lying on the ground he says to himself that's weird how did these piece's end up next to me.



John picks up one of the piece's as he picks it up John begin's to feel different and within a blink of a eye John feels a burst of energy all around him and feels compelled to put the other piece's of the puzzle together.



John begins to put the other piece's together when he hears the police sirens he drops the piece's before they are complete then hides the rest in a trash can near by.



Around 30 seconds later the police arrive they walk up to John they ask what happen then John explains to them what happen.

After John is explaining what happen the police ask him "did the victim have anything besides the gun on him?".



John pauses briefly and tells the officer that all he saw was the gun the officer then tell's him to go home and that if they have anymore question they will let him know. John then walks away before he leaves he goes to the near by trash can to get the puzzle piece's

John then enters his car then drives away.





ENDING OF CHAPTER 1 JOHN PETERSON



PS PLEASE REVIEW MY STORY AND PLEASE SHARE IF I SHOULD CONTINUE AND THANK YOU FOR READING THIS I AM NEW TO WRITING STORYS.

































© Copyright 2014 Mike (mikekane21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1988848-The-Mysterious-Puzzel-Box