*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989303-A-Creepypasta---55
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1989303
A Pokemon Creepypasta
There I was, sitting on my bus, going home. The person who sits next to me, named Cloe, also loved Pokemon. One day, she brought her DS, as I always did. We ended up playing Soulsilver and Heartgold for a while, day after day.

One day, I asked to borrow one of her Pokemon, particularly an Ice type, for a gym I couldn't beat. She agreed, as long as I promised to give it back as soon as I was done.

But, I didn't notice my battery life.

My game's batteries ran out as our Pokemon were getting transported.

When I got home, I charged it while playing.

Cloe was giving me a Snorunt, and I was giving her a Rapidash, as she needed a Fire type. But now, something disturbing was there. Not a Rapidash. Not a Snorunt.

I guessed it was some kind of glitch.

What was there was a Snorunt with a Rapidash's face and legs. Its cry sounded distorted. I blinked twice to take in the image. Then, I wanted to see if it would kick butt or if it was just a piece of crap. It was a Fire/Ice type. Its stats were so high that they were just glitch patterns that didn't even resemble a number. Its name was also a jumble of codes, but the visible numbers/letters were 55, so I'll replace its name with that when I talk about it. The sprite that follows me around was a Rapidash with Snorunt colors. I sighed. My Rapidash was gone. So was Cloe's Snorunt. I hoped she wouldn't be angry.

Then again, I could use this Pokemon, and I could trade it to her, too. We could take turns.

For the next hour, I was playing. The Pokemon could one-hit anything. It had Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Heatbutt, and a last slot that was empty. It eventually grew on me, and I befriended it very quickly.

After a while, right before I was going to head to a Pokemon Center to put my Pokemon in the PC so I could have 55 solo the Elite 4, I heard something. I raised an eyebrow. 55's sprite that was following me had a sad emoticon above its head, like I was talking to it.

A text box appeared.

"55 is very tired! It hopes to rest soon!"

I furrowed my brow. I didn't know if that was normal, but I didn't really care. I went to the Pokemon menu to check its health. It had 1 hit point left, even though in the battle I was just in, it had full health. What did this?

Since I wasn't too near a Pokemon center, I switched it with my Scyther until I got to one.

Another text box appeared.

"Scyther struck 55!"

I gasped, going to the Pokemon menu. 55 fainted. Was Scyther jealous of him or something? I growled, running until I got to a Pokemon Center

I skimmed through the text box, and noticed something different.

Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon, but when I went to the menu, 55's health was still low. I went to the stat screen to see if it had something like Pokerus. Nurse Joy is supposed to tell you if they do or not, but I might have missed it. While checking, I accidentally pressed right on the D-pad, which took me to Scyther. I gasped. His sprite looked like it was sleeping. You know, in battles, when they fall asleep? Only, my Scyther wasn't asleep.

I sighed in frustration. I walked out of the Pokemon center to come up not in Goldenrod City, but somewhere I've never seen before. It was like glitch city; glitch boxes surrounding me. I tried to move. I saw that I could only go up. I wanted to shut the game off and restart, but I couldn't bring myself to it. See, I my last saved game file is before I caught 55, and it grew on me so much. I can't just abandon a friend...

...but, then again... wasn't I kind of abandoning my other Pokemon?

I debated about whether to shut the game off or not, keeping my finger pressed on the D-pad. That's when I heard a sound. My player hit a wall.

The place I was in didn't even slightly resemble where I just was.

"?: C?" I saw a textbox appear. My whole name wouldn't fit in the box, so I put C. My character looked around. No one was there.

My Scyther, who was still following me, walked to my side. 55 appeared.

"55: C, it's time."

"Time for what?" I mumbled to myself as the screen faded into darkness.

Then, I heard a low rumble, and lighting flashed on the screen. I was standing on a path, and it was raining very hard. Only a few flashes of lighting occasionally lit up the screen. No Pokemon was following me. I wondered around, and after a while, I hit a sign.

"Route ?"

I then heard something. It sounded like the contorted cry of 55. I checked my Pokemon, worried for my dear friend.

Nothing was there.

I closed out of the menu and stayed still for a second. When I processed what had happened, I kept walking. Then, I saw the Rapidash I knew, with Snorunt colors. It jumped once, overjoyed to see me. I smiled in relief.

As it ran towards me, a text box appeared that made it stop in its tracks.

"?: Hold it."

I gasped as the rest of my team jumped down. There was my Scyther, my Feraligatr, my Infernape, my Jumpluff, and my Torterra. (I was a master at trading.) Scyther was in the front, of course. I was connected to him a lot. Plus, he had the brave nature, so it made sense that he would be in the front.

"Scyther: Stop decieving our friend."

At first, I thought it was talking to me, but it was facing 55. I was really buffaloed as to why my Pokemon could talk, but even more so about what Scyther was talking about.

"How long do you plan to abuse her innocence?"

I gulped.

55's cry sounded like it was slightly amused.

"Don't play coy with me. I'll put you where you belong!!"

A battle took place. 55 was the enemy, and Scyther was fighting it. I had no control over the battle.

Scyther used Razor Wind, and 8890OOI lost a few hit points, but not much. It used a move I've never seen before. Although it was a series of glitch boxes, it was really powerful, and it almost took out Scyther.

Then, my Jumpluff appeared next to 55.

"Jumpluff: 55 was a nice Pokemon! Stop, Scyther!"

That little traitor. Scyther was never a bad Pokemon, and he was usually right. It said so in his stat screen. 55 must have been wanting to do something. But, Jumpluff did have the gullible nature. Then, I noticed my Feraligatr, whom I was once afraid of, come out beside Scyther. He was loyal.

"Feraligatr: Are you blind?"

Feraligatr's turn. He gave a hyper potion to Scyther. I always thought Pokemon didn't know how to use items. Scther used Wing Attack on 55. Not much damage impacted the glitch Pokemon.

Jumpluff used Leech Seed on Feraligatr.

Why didn't Scyther one-hit Jumpluff?

"Jumpluff, I won't fight you," Scyther said.

"Too bad," Jumpluff replied as 55 used Ice Beam on Feraligatr. Was its AI terrible, or what?

Feraligatr used Water Pulse on 55. Jumpluff used Mega Rain on Feraligatr. The screen faded to black.

"Much later..." white lettering said.

All of the Pokemon, excluding 55, were laying on the ground. Torterra and Infernape were guarding me.

"No!" I shouted aloud.

"55: C, you're so naive."

I blinked twice in anger.

"But, your body will be of use to me."

I tried to move as the glitch accelerated towards me. I gasped when my character took a step back as I pressed left on the D-pad.

Thinking quickly, I opened the menu, stopping the game so I could access it, as it usually did.

"I wonder..." I mumbled, opening my bag and selecting hyper potions. I gave some to all of my injured Pokemon, including Jumpluff. I had a feeling he would help out now.

I close out of the menu hesitantly when I finished. All of the Pokemon jumped to 55, surrounding it.

"Scyther: End of the line, 55."

The screen faded out. When it fade back in, I was at the Pokemon Center, healing my Pokemon.

"Have a nice day!" Nurse Joy said, handing my Pokemon back. I checked my Pokemon quickly.

I heave a sigh of relief. The glitch was gone, and my Rapiash was in my party. I checked my PC, and my friend's Snorunt was in Box 1. I smiled. Scyther wasn't jealous of 55. He was protecting me.

But, I started to wonder...

...is the glitch truly, really, completely gone?
© Copyright 2014 Jiskilsasya (jiskilsasya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989303-A-Creepypasta---55