*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990296-The-Holy-Hunt-Chapter-1-Initiation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1990296
The first chapter of a story that I'm writing, so enjoy
He drew out his dagger. It was long, thin, and made completely out of shadows. These daggers were made especially to the demons high ranking officials, Hunters. These daggers were meant to kill Angels.



The boy, no more than 16, Looked down at the dead angel. It lay there. Even in death it was beautiful. Using the dagger, he drove it into the angels back and started to drag the blade around the wings. This was the prize. The angel's wings were trophy of any Hunter. More experienced Hunters had five or six, Veteran Hunters had maybe ten. Most of the time they would be mounted on walls. The boy; however, wasn't there for the trophy aspect. He wasn't even a true Hunter yet! A Hunter's apprentice would have to do what ever his master said. Most of the time it would be errands and other jobs, but the boy's master wanted to see if he had the guts to kill the holy beings.

         He sheathed his dagger and started to pull on the wings. This was the first time he ever killed any Holy beings, but he had read and studied them in the library.



         "Hold on Malice," The boy's master said. Each Hunter had a clever name.



         "If you want to truly prove that your a Hunter, you'll take off those gloves, drive your hands under the back, and pull." The shuddered. Angel blood was very different from demon blood. Demon's blood would either burn right through you or poison you. Angel's blood would would severely irritate the skin making it feel as is you were on fire. Without his gloves it would hurt a lot, but he wanted this job. No, he needed it. It was the only way to survive.



         Malice hesitated for a second. Quickly he put his hands under the cuts and pulled. Shit, he hadn't cut completely through. His hands were beginning to feel the burn. He tugged, which made his hands go deeper into the blood. He let out a faint cry. With one final tug he ripped off the wings with the back still attached and through it down at his masters feet. He stared down at his shaking hands.



         "They hurt, that was the reason for shaking, not regret" Malice thought. His master chuckled.



         "For some one who has never killed, you did pretty good." His master took a long draw of his cigar.



         "Your almost a true Hunter now." Malice's heart leaped. The last step of becoming a Hunter was the Trial. When a Hunter's master thinks that his apprentice is ready, they put them through the trial. The head master demons would pick three of the ten requites. The rest would be put to death. There was only room for perfection, and with him killing an angel already... that should have earned his place.



         When they arrived at the Head Masters' room, there were already the other trainees. Malice took his spot on one of the ends. He saw and recognized other demon trainees that he had trained with. There was Anger and Envy, and some others he didn't know.



         "We have seen all your records, and will name those who have passed." The Grand master bellowed. "Envy." There was one. "Rage." There was two.



         "The last one has to be me," Thought Malice.



         "Lastly,... Lust, the rest of you are to die." Malice's heart stopped. He hadn't been accepted? What sick joke was this? The first student fell by an arrow then the next, and the next, and the next, and the others, and then it was his turn. However, Malice drew his dagger and split the arrow in two. The half's of the arrow fell to his feet.



         "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!" screamed Malice with tears coming out of his eyes. He heard more arrows coming. His grip on the hilt tightened. The blade suddenly grew longer. He cut down the other arrows. Then the guards stepped out of the shadows. Malice felt anger running through him. He charged at the demon and split him in two. That was hard considering that the blade he was using wasn't made to kill demons. Malice fought two more of the guards, before being brought to his knees by the new Hunters. Rage forced him to drop his weapon. Malice looked up at the Head masters.



         "Malice," the Grand master said shaking his head,"How in the hell did you manage to split that demon in half?" Malice only stared. The Grand master Lifted his hand, and Malice started to float in the air. He then started to choke Malice.



         "How did you do it?" he asked in a sterner voice.



         "To...Prove..a...point."



         "And what would that be?"



         "That I am worthy of the title... Hunter." The Grand master let go of him and said.



         "That you are indeed, welcome Malice, welcome to the world of Hunters... Human."
© Copyright 2014 The writer (mr.unknown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990296-The-Holy-Hunt-Chapter-1-Initiation