*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990425-In-Process
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #1990425
This is a work in process. It is apocalyptic fiction, contains adult themes and erotica.
He’d waved me over to sit with him that day and within hours, I was officially a member of the Fold. The Fold is global, but as far as my world was concerned it served as an intentional family, most of us staying down on North Fuller before the dispersion.

Slick was born in Compton, but he’s Pakistani. He did hip hop and had a demo. Every day, we all made our way up to Hollywood Boulevard to do our thing.

The Fuller Street studio was way too small for five people, but I wouldn’t trade those days for anything. There was me and Slick, Virginia Knox, Marcus and Whitney.

Virginia Knox was named after a family matriarch burned at the stake around the time of the more notorious Salem “witch burnings.” She did psychic work, mostly making use of tarot cards, through which she was dead on.

She had warned us, but nobody could have perceived the level of persecution that was to fall upon “We The People.”

The Information Superhighway, as it was called in the beginning, was dualistic in nature and provided access to unlimited information. By the time anyone realized every jot and tittle was being logged, it was too late.

The Bible spoke of an impending judgment, presumably at the end of time, but nobody ever interpreted this to mean that God was no more than the apex of technology, married to a cabal of self-righteous patriarchs.

Paul had spelled it out, in no uncertain terms; the king James put it like this, Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

Of course the patriarchs were immune to judgment. They had all the money; they had all the power; they had presumed themselves above the law and in possession of the moral authority to judge men and angels.

Certain sins were deemed more grievous than others, but the unemployed, anyone living on the dole, loose women, gay people, participants of the dark arts, and pot-smokers were condemned in the first wave of the judgment.

None of this came to light at first. The indictments were sealed and secret. People started to disappear and when it began to hit critical mass, theories emerged. It was most widely believed that extraterrestrial abductions were behind the disappearances.

by the time Edward Snowden had blown his whistle, We The People had already lost the republic. We just didn't know it. the books were to be read and every person's life was to be laid out before him/her. The trials were conducted in secret; they proceeded with the accused having no right to legal counsel and no opportunity to speak, or answer the charges.





© Copyright 2014 Chrysanthemum (serenacastle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990425-In-Process