*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990981-Another-Try
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1990981
Samantha Archer has lived a thousand lives but only wants this one.
Chapter 1
         My eyes pop open and I jerk up, gasping. I look around frantically expecting to see the Chino’s gang leader still standing over me with a Colt M1911 pointed at my head and the backs of my so-called friends behind him as they bolt, leaving me to explain that we had nothing to do with the dead gang member we found. With that thought, my hands automatically go to my face, searching for the bullet hole that I knew had to be there but was relieved to find nothing, not even blood. Eased, I look around and take in my new environment. I’m in a light green room, decorated modestly with random pictures of flowers and boats and am sitting on a plush, white bed covered in pillows. My eyes widen as I realize what had happen and groan, falling back onto the soft sheets. I’m in the middle of trying to smother myself with a pillow when I hear Gretchen’s sickeningly sweet voice from an overhead speaker.
         “Samantha, Sir Satan is ready to see you now.”
         I sigh in the pillow and let out a muffled fuck.

Chapter 2
         Leaving the room, I get an eye full of Hell’s famous flaming pits. The heat from them causes Hell to be so unbearably hot and humid, as well as providing the dim light that somehow touches all corners of this world. Sighing and already sweating bullets, I start towards Sir Satan’s office. It was rush hour time here in Downtown Hell, crowds of new arrivals coming off the Death Escalators and wondering about in Hell’s center, looking confused and unsure. Chuckling softly I remember being in the same state years before. No one ever expects Hell to be like this, appearing almost like a small city with its tall buildings and cottage-like homes. Only thing these newbies didn’t know yet is that Harold was probably on his way to gather them up and take them to Far Hell, to live out their day doing whatever people do over there. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I push through the crowd, moving towards the metal door between the escalators.
         I open the door and walk pass Gretchen and her shit-eating grin, making a beeline for the unnecessarily large wooden door. Going through, I climb at least three flights of stairs before coming to another impossibly large door. Knocking twice for politeness, I go in without waiting for a reply and see Sir Satan himself watching over his kingdom. With his back facing the door, the light from the pits extenuated his height and horns, making him seem deadlier.
         ‘Probably why he always chooses this position,’ I think but am distracted by Satan’s booming voice.
         “Samantha Archer! You have been given the gracious opportunity by Sir Satan himself who shall selflessly and powerfully grace you with the chance to-,” he begins, taking long pauses between certain words to draw out his speech.
         “Oh my gosh Lucifer!! I just climbed a bagillion stairs and for some reason, it’s somehow hotter than Downtown Hell in here! So could you please skip the shitty introduction and just send me back or at least get me some ice water?” I yell, interrupting a speech I’ve heard too many times before.
© Copyright 2014 fruitbasket (fruitbasket47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990981-Another-Try