*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991254-three-short-stories
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Personal · #1991254
these short stories were written last year in the creative writng course.
Mama
All I remember the quietness of that night in September, one month after delivery of my first baby. I mean I cannot now remember many related details of this event. I was sitting alone, while my husband was sleeping deeply, as usual after a busy day of receiving guests, who came to congratulate us. I usually sit in the small room where my book shelf is, but sometimes I remove to the kitchen especially when the weather is very hot.
In that night, I woke up in the twilight to stay to myself enjoying the best thing I lost in the chaos of being a mother for the first time. I started travelling with words, clinging to their wings to worlds far away from my empty- full schedule. I felt I was out of space, when I suddenly heard a whisper.
It was true that I had no a real experience of motherhood. But I knew little as a baby of one month cannot speak at all not before one year at least. It was a whisper, but clear and strong enough to hear it. Mama, that is all. It is only one word (mama). Feelings of fear and curiosity sneaked into my tower of internal peace. The first feeling was stronger than the other one, so I fled to my bedroom to be hidden in my baby's blanket. I opened the door and I shouted," oh my god". It was because I left my baby on the edge of the bed after I had changed her nappy.
The Fox and the Chickens
He was playing alone, in front of his house, when a tall man suddenly appeared and grasped his head. The young boy was completely surprised. "Where is your father?" the man asked the boy harshly. He repeated his questions once more in a louder tone. The boy was silent and as pale as death and said one word, "died." A woman surfaced her head from the window and shouted, "He is not in your age, be ashamed from yourself". Another woman came out of one of the doors and said to the angry man, "Father! What wrong did this boy do to you? "I am not your father old woman! The boiling man answered angrily. "Yea! True you are not my father and you cannot be. I only respect you and you don't deserve it', said the woman.
The woman in the window came out and gave a gesture to the boy to go inside. In a few minutes the man was surrounded by the women. "Besides you are mere coward fox to sneak into our enclosure in this hour as all men in their works and only chickens and chicks in receiving you. The man lifted a part of his shirt to show his pistol, while the woman turned to the other women and said, "Come and stand in a queue" and turned to the man, and said to him, "we are ready, brave one! Shoot us". The man moved quickly as he went out of the lane. One young woman shouted at his back" those who will play with cats must expect to be scratched. But the grandmother laughed and added "better to be one day cock rather than to be ten days hen"
Adam and Eve
She was sitting at her office when he slightly knocked on the door and entered in the moment he heard her voice, 'who is that?'
'Jamal', he said.
As she was awaiting him and knew everything about him, although it was the first time that they met together, she smiled and added 'Eljadeed!
He smiled and pulled a chair and sat without looking at her. His shyness was clearly identifying mark of his personality, but it was also worth her while. They needed a few minutes to find a passage to a friendly talk. The place was her office, so it was her turn to shake the silent water with a breeze not a stone. She had to think but not deeply as the time was the last hour of working hours.
I liked the style of your writing.' She said
I think it is a big word ' my writing', he commented.
It was a big surprise to a great poet like Mufetah Elammary, and to me too. I still remember when he came here and your notebook in his hand. He read to me some of your poetry and how he astonished when he was reading and talking about your creativity.
That was the point to climb up the icy mountain and come down to the green plain and then to enter together the rose garden.
On the next day, he came back at the same hour, one clock, to ask her one question.
"Will you marry me'?
After exactly nine days from that day they entered in the golden cage, starting together the fruitful age.
© Copyright 2014 sweet libya (jazya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991254-three-short-stories