*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991279-Assigment-One
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1991279
Tone, Mood, Tense, and Point of View
 Tick. Tock   (E)
Time... the sound of the clock late at night.
#1973680 by Sammie Rose


In a static item, post the bitem link for the item you read, and provide your opinion on how well tone, mood, tense, and point of view were used in the item. Please provide at least one positive point per element, as well as any ideas you may have to strengthen each area.

Tone: The tone I was going for when I wrote this was frustrated and almost at the end of the proverbial rope. I believe I did well to achieve that with the repeating of the words Tick. Tock.
Also with this line: Oh, please, oh please. Stop! Stop! Stop!

Mood: The mood I was trying to achieve was that of a person trying to sleep but unable because of the ticking of the clock and how load it seemed to become. Again I think I did well although I did not show how the person managed to make it stop.

The poem was written in present tense.

Point of View: I wrote this in first person. From the view point of what they were dealing with.
© Copyright 2014 Sammie Rose (dreamwryter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991279-Assigment-One