*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992137-The-Rise-of-a-Warrior-Chapter-one
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1992137
Hazel is hearing the voices all the time now. They say she needs to save them. Save who?
'Hazel... We need you... To save us... All of us...'

I whipped around to see who had said something. I don't know why i did, considering I was home alone. They were starting up again, and I didn't know what to do. The voice were coming back and I couldn't get them to stop. I stood up and ran to my room. As I looked around for my cell phone, I heard another voice. This one was soft and longing as if they were waiting for me to talk to them.

'Hazel... Please... Listen...'

"NO!" I shouted as I tore around my room. As my fingers latched around my phone, tears started to make my vision cloudy. My voice choked back sobs of agony and I dialed the number I knew so well.

"Dr. Matheson, please help me." I pleaded with sobs, "Make them go away!" My head dropped into my free hand as i sobbed. The voices were unbearable and they wouldn't stop.

"Hazel, dear, you have to calm down." Dr. Matheson's voice was low and calm, "Listen to me, ok? I need you to talk to me about what they are saying."

"They keep saying..." I choked through my sobs," That i need to save them... That I need to listen."

"Hazel, have you ever tried listening to it instead of blocking it out?" Dr. Matheson soothed, "Listen to it for a little while, and soon we will be able to find out what is causing them."

I choked on sobs as I listened to his comforting voice. Dr. Matheson had been there ever since my dad disappeared. After my dad left, voices came. I had been listening to them for five years, wanting them to go away. But now that i was seventeen, it was even harder to cope.

"Ok..." I whispered as my tears slowed and my chest heaved.

"Good girl. Why don't you call me tomorrow and tell me about it, ok?"

"Ok..."

The click of him hanging up left me alone and scared. I didn't want to be listening to them. But if Dr. Matheson said I should, then I would merely because I trusted him.

"Ok. I'm listening now." I said to no one. As the room seemed to chill I heard something. A low, deep voice of a boy. He sounded so familiar, yet i didn't know him at all.

'Thank you, Hazel... I need to take you to the bridge...'

I pulled my knees to my chest as i sat on my cluttered floor. What he was saying didn't seem to make sense. There were no bridges around here, in the middle of South Dakota. At least, not that i knew of.

"I don't know if there is a bridge around here. Who are you, anyways?" I whispered, not expecting an answer.

'You can't see this bridge' He chuckled, ' I'm Benedict. You need to call me either Ben or Whisperer'

"Whisperer?" I asked in a panic. Has he been the one driving me literally insane? This Ben didn't sound more than twenty years old, but i couldn't be sure.

'Listen Hazel, you have a lot of questions right now. All you need to know is that there are more worlds than you know of, and mine... Ours is in danger.'

I couldn't believe this was happening. I was talking to a spirit in my own bedroom. the pressure was too much. I couldn't stand it. This was totally insane. My heart pounded and my vision blurred. The world started to spin around me and it was hard to comprehend what was happening. I needed to wake up and get out of here. But before i could, i felt my self pass out into someone's arms.
© Copyright 2014 Rachelle Carter (rachellecarter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992137-The-Rise-of-a-Warrior-Chapter-one