*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992533-Rftt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lector
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1992533
Ftfrtg Tyra tgggg truth
Because of the arid tempatures in the west farmers and ranchers had to have much bigger farms to make a profit this that the west was cultivated quickly, which fueled its rapid expansion, there were also laws that stated farmers could claim more land in the most arid states. Ranchers also caused buffaloes to dwindle out of existance, which forced some to start raising sheep, which cause feuds between sheep ranchers and cattle ranchers, on who should get more land and grass.


Railroads allowed people to travel to the west much quicker than they had been able to In the past, this helped fuel the rapid expansion of the west, also the railroads gave immigrants jobs and helped the ranchers move their animals.


Many of the conflicts arose out of discrimanation, they were when the Chinese were treated badly, they weren't paid as much and had to work much longer hours, also Native Americans and Mexican Americans were discriminated against by the US government and they had their land taken away. Also there were conflicts between cattle ranchers and sheep ranches, and also between Cowboys and farmers, becaus the cowboys would move the animals through the farmers land this made farmers put up fences with barbed wire.
© Copyright 2014 Lector (lector96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992533-Rftt