*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992554-TARA-TARA-TARA
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1992554
Guardian Angel Cat
         “Tara!  The Creator wants you now!” called Angelica. 

         “I’m here!” replied the black striped tabby grooming herself on the Rainbow Bridge.

         “Come with me,” Angelica guiding Tara.

         “Why? What's the hurry?”

         The Creator smiled, “Sweet Tara, you have used eight lives. I've got a special mission for your last time.  Follow a young couple home from the park, watch over their child as he grows.  You'll know how to protect him when the time comes.”

         “There’s that kid again with the poker card clipped to the spokes of the bicycle.”  Sighed Rolf, the large chow-mix dog, as he lay under the bushes.  His ears twitched with each flap of the card upon the spokes.

         “Ugh! I cannot stand it anymore!” Rolf charged out of his hiding place.  As the young boy was getting off his bicycle, Rolf grabbed him by the leg, dragged him down the driveway.

         Tara heard the dog bolt. She was ready.  Launching at the dog’s neck with her claws extended. She pummeled his head and ears.

         Surprised by the fury of the Tara’s assault, Rolf let go of the boy to flee.  Tara continued to chase him to the boundary of her yard.

(word count: 200)
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992554-TARA-TARA-TARA