*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993101-Kade-the-Teller
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1993101
Introducing Kade
In a room connected to the great assembly hall , Professor Sallhilly Kade was about to give an oral chronicle to the town's people of Lezairz. She was a Teller.

The art of the story, so long forgotten from their culture, and so rare a spectacle, was being reinvented in secret assemblies by students, teachers and romantics alike; who. through an affinity with their mysterious and vacuous past, longed for tales from shrouded eras of lang-syne.

Kade would become a hero in an age of none, she brought to life the stories from different eras, and different peoples and different worlds - stories, that were in danger of becoming inscrutable or extant.

History had become a dark age, and the strict continuity with tomorrow had become the principle to which the governors had educated and cultivated, with unwavering resolve; it had decreed their origins untaught.

They squeezed in, with standing room only for the late comers and the not so eager to be seen. The dim ambient flame created an eerie genius loci, which bled the satin wall coverings and the emerald smoke-ems.

It could have been from a period past on any world, if one fancied, or even knew of one, where mystical illusionists or charlatans would take the stage and confound and entice the house to follow and immerse themselves in the murky past-times of the ancients.

Kade entered from behind a curtain which cloaked a doorway at the back of the room, dressed in a long goddess-like white gown, she wore two white masks void of expression and without orifices. One on her face, and one to the rear. Her warm creamy hair hung down to her breasts and was befitted with a gold band that bore a black spectral flecked feather. The Teller, began.

"On a world where our ancestors drank from the ground; and ate what they killed without a sound; and were eaten where they slept, never to be found..."

It was dramatic, yet subtle and constrained, even erotic, and from here-on-in she continued to rhapsodise to the assemblage about those who had came before them...











© Copyright 2014 P.J.Cooke (kingu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993101-Kade-the-Teller