*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993838-My-Nightmare
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1993838
This short story is based on a nightmare I've been having for the past few weeks.
I still remember it as if it really happened. I can see it now, vivid as ever. It's been haunting me for weeks, waiting to catch me off guard and make me seem weak. I remember your face. Wide mouth, black streaks of mascara tears on your cheeks, lifeless eyes. Your body was limp, wrists still fresh with cuts, the smell of blood in the air.
I remember rushing over to your lifeless body, trying to stop the blood from coming out of your wrists... Not realising I was too late... Not realising you were already gone...
It was at this time the police arrived and pulled me back from your lifeless body. Tears of sorrow rushing from my eyes. Screams of horror being shouted.
It's at this point I wake up, crying, shaking, trying not to believe what I've just seen.
I hear my phone go off. I answer. It was a call from the hospital. My girlfriend had just been admitted to the morgue. I put my phone down, realising what had just happened.
And that's how I ended up in this place.
The asylum. Not just any asylum. The kind of asylum people go after they kill someone.

A loved one.
© Copyright 2014 Hacktivist Jack (hacktivistjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1993838-My-Nightmare