*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994201-Lost-in-Lonesome-Holy-Love
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1994201
Lost in the everlasting depths of the sea of tragedy, a man determines his outcome on life
  Rain poured from the crystal infested sky while I drove on the barren, vacant road. Trails webbed off in many directions that lead to houses quiet for the night, but at the end of the street one home stood lit.
  I slowed, and, taking my time, I gained a sense of my surroundings. Trees towered over me, smiling at me with sinister faces; stars crowded my sight, guiding my arms and legs to the house parallel from me.
  After what seemed like forever, the lights faded to black, lifeless spheres. I knew that if I were to do what I needed to, it was now or never.
  Returning to a normal speed, I traveled to the destination set in front of me. On my way, I prayed, "God, Almighty Father, I wish to be more like and of you, and this is my last hope of completing my goal. If I do anything wrong, I wish for forgiveness. I pray in the name of the Lord, Amen."
  Parking in the gravel driveway, I examined the building. Two stories, well built, and dead with a bitterness only the disgusting creature inside could live with.
  The women was spawn of the Devil, no doubt, and did his work daily. If I rid the earth of this inferior scum, my rewards Heaven will triple. I was finally doing God's work; I was honored.
  My breath shown in a white puff as I escaped the interior of my car. I grabbed my gun, ready for my holy quest.
  Without warning, a soft glow penetrated a window on the second story. Murmurs sounded, but other than that, nothing happened.
  Before I could do anything, though, her face filled the glass upstairs. She spotted me. Then a blood curtailing scream protruded the unholy lady's mouth. Suddenly, a man appeared behind her.
  My feet were on the move before I noticed the couple had begun preparing for my arrival. While laughing, I kicked in the front door.
  The man ran down his stairs, pistol in hand. "I'm going to count to three, and if you aren't gone, you're dead." I knew he couldn't see me, but he would shoot in my direction. He had to have heard the door clash open. "One, t-," Boom! I took the first move; my shotgun round slammed into his heart. I thought I felt his heart shader, for he, too, had been a man of God.
  One short prayer later, I was concurring the stairs for the sinful female. She wouldn't live to see one more day.
  I knew which room was the women's, for I knew everything about her.
  Once more, I knocked a door open.
  Pow! I felt a bullet collide with my chest, tearing through both flesh and bone. Warm blood pulsed from my body; most came from my terrible wound, but some spit out of my mouth. I was speechless.
  "I'm so sorry, but, Dad, I just want you to know, I love you." The Devil's child came over to me, hugging me tight.
  Dad? No, my own flesh and blood would never have disobeyed God. She drank, cursed, and bore the child which was that of another man. She cheated on her husband too, and  was a sin deserving a punishment of tragic proportions.
  "Bye, Dad. At least now you'll be with Mom, again. After her death, you've been different. Anyway, I'll always love you." Her voice rang in my ears.
  A second Pow! brushed pass the lips of the pistol my 'daughter' held. My skull crumbled, and, because of the pressure, made my brain lose all sense of right, wrong, what to do next, everything.
  All was black. "Mitch," a loud voice echoed in what was left of my reality, "I never wanted this." Right then, I knew God was the owner of the deep voice."Goodbye, Mitch."
  He sent me to the fiery depths of Hell for the rest of eternity.
© Copyright 2014 ImMortalAmy (immortallove10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994201-Lost-in-Lonesome-Holy-Love