*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994847-Shattering-Secrets-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Other · #1994847
Chapter 2 :)
Shattering Secret

Chapter 2

Rachel's head was spinning. How was she going to take care of a child? She was 17 years old. Her father's were still out of the country, she had barely spoken to them while she was in New York and after the event, and she avoided them altogether. She still did not know exactly what happened that night. Her mind could still only bring up bits and pieces.
*Flashback*
Rachel was walking across the Juilliard campus late that night. She had stayed late in the auditorium to practice her solo piece for the next day and wanted to blow the teachers away with her powerful vocals. She had chosen "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. Although she knew that song by heart, she knew she needed it to be perfect for the Juilliard professors. She wanted to prove that she deserves a spot in Julliard's freshman class of 2013.
As she was about to turn the corner to her dorm, she felt someone grab her around the waist and drag her into the bushes around the building. Her brain was going so fast she could not even think to scream. It was like her fight or flight reflex was not kicking in. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, her brain and muscles began to obey. She knew that she needed help so she began to scream and kick her attacker.
As quickly as she started kicking him, she stopped at a flash of silver. Her attacker had pulled out a knife, putting it against her throat and pressing enough to draw blood. Any thought of screaming halted at the sharp pain. The last conscious thought Rachel had been was that she was going to die. Rachel did not remember anything else, her next conscious thought being waking up in the hospital with doctors surrounding her. Apparently a pedestrian had found her lying in the bushes and called an ambulance. They continued to her that she had been sexually assaulted and that her throat was deeply cut, so far that she may never be able to speak or sing ever again.
*End of Flashback*
Coming out of her flashback, Rachel reached up to her throat and felt the scar that took away her dreams.


© Copyright 2014 tvhollywooddiva (kelliaw83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994847-Shattering-Secrets-Chapter-2