*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996275-Pokemon-Fanfiction-Part-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #1996275
Twenty years after the events of Soul Silver, Golds son begins his own Pokemon Journey
Vs. Totodile


"You going to lose again?" The boy laughed, brushing red hair from his eyes and unclipping a pokeball from his belt. Pushing the button he tossed the ball into the air, red energy escaping; his Pokémon released. Totodile landed in on the grass and jumped up and down excitedly, its small eyes darting from side to side.
"I wouldn't count on it Jon" His opponent smirked, throwing his own pokeball into the air, releasing his own Cyndaquil. He crouched down, scratching the Cyndaquil under his chin "You remember that new move we've been practising?" The Cyndaquil nodded excitedly in reply, the opponent smirked standing straight. "Ready?"
"Always" Jon smirked "Just letting you know Charlie, I'm not going to go easy on you"
"You've never gone easy on me" Charlie mused in response. "Cyndaquil - Smokescreen!" Cyndaquil dived in front of Charlie, rotating himself in the air he backfired, launching a cloud of smoke in the Totodile's direction.
"Water gun, then Rage!" Totodile blasted away the smoke with a torrent of water before charging forward, it's tiny arms swinging and its teeth clenched.
"Cyndaquil, use smoke screen again!" Cyndaquil dived to the side again, launching another black cloud at Totodile, the tiny crocodile waded through it, coughing faintly. "and another one!"
"Totodile, get out of the way!" Jon shouted, Totodile instinctively dived for safety, out of the cloud and out of the path of the incoming one.
"Now! Quick Attack!" Cyndaquil jumped into the air, its eyes narrowed in as it aimed for its blue target, who was pulling himself up out of the dirt. Cyndaquil flickered from sight for a split second, reappearing as he smashed into the side of the just-on-his-feet Totodile, smacking him into the ground, unconscious.
"...return Totodile" Jon said holding out Totodile's pokeball. "When did Cyndaquil get so strong?"
"I've been training with my dad all week" Charlie said proudly, pulling his backpack from his shoulders.
"That's hardly fair" Jon protested "Your dad has a Typhlosion"
"Your dad has a Feraligatr" Charlie reasoned with a smirk, pulling a paper-bag filled with Poffin's from within, before throwing one of them to Cyndaquil as a reward for winning.
"Yes, but my dad's been away on business in Lumiose for a month and a half now"
"Ah, so no training" Charlie sighed, he understood what it was like to have busy parents. Charlie's dad was an ex-Pokémon Champion and a national hero responsible for stopping Team Rocket, and his mum was an assistant at New Bark Pokémon Research Facility."When does your dad get back?"
"Tomorrow night, hopefully" Jon said, a thin smile on his face.
"Tomorrow night eh?" Charlie mused, thinking to himself "My dad said something to me about tomorrow night, he said that he'd have a job for us to do"
"What job?" Jon asked confused, his mother hadn't told him of any work that needed doing.
"I don't know" Charlie shrugged, "He said he'd find out tomorrow, and we'd know as soon as he did"
"Oh" Jon nodded, "Do you think it has anything to do with my dad coming back?"
"Possibly" Charlie smiled, giving Cyndaquil a pat on the head before returning him to his pokeball.
"Jon!" a voice shouted in the distance, the boys both turned to face it, it was Jon's mother they began heading towards her. She waved a phone in the air above her "Your dad's on the line"
"Sorry Charlie, gotta go talk to my dad" Jon smiled, snatching the phone from his mother and running into the house.
"Hello Charlie" Jon's mother said smiling, "You should probably head home to, I hear you two have an important job tomorrow"

~*~*~*~*~

© Copyright 2014 Dwight Gordon (dwightgordon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996275-Pokemon-Fanfiction-Part-1