*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996784-Fear-of-Heights
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1996784
Can love overcome fear?
When they got to the top of the bridge, absolute terror struck her. "I can't do this," she said, squeezing his hand. He stared at her, realizing that the fear was actually hurting her. 'I can't make her do this. Look at how terrified she is,' he thought. She basically had a death grip on his hand. She kept whispering, Don't look down, over and over again. "Babe," he said,"We don't have to do this. Let's just go back home." She squeezed her eyes shut, then opened them quickly. "No," she said,"I can't live in fear anymore. We are doing this." "Are you sure?" She thought for a second, she debated, and finally made her decision. "I'm positive," she said as she jumped, clenching onto his hand.
She struggled under the water. She wanted to get back to the surface as quick as possible. She kicked and kicked, over and over again, until, finally, she made it to the surface. She looked around. He was nowhere to be found, then, he rose to the surface. "See," he said,"It wasn't that bad, was it?"
© Copyright 2014 M.M. Morrison (meggy077 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996784-Fear-of-Heights