*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996850-The-Broken-Promise
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1996850
"if this is how you torture me, I rather die! "
Julie, a kind, lovely and beautiful girl. She and her boyfriend, Jorden a smart, handsome, responsible and caring boy, loved each other very much. Every morning, Jorden will receive Julie's hearty breakfast. Even though, Jorden finish his work early but he will wait for Julie to finish her work and pick her up. Whenever it is going to rain, Julie will call Jorden and said "It's going to rain, remember to bring an umbrella with you and put on a coat and don't get ill." After two years of relationship, Julie and Jorden decided to get engaged. They both were busy with work and wedding.



One day, Julie came out of the bridal shop and on the way to have lunch with Jorden. Suddenly, she bumped into Rodney, Julie's ex-boyfriend. Rodney was so happy to meet Julie. He walked towards her, hold her hand tightly and said "Julie, here you are. Where have you been? Are you still mad at me? Please don't break up with me" Julie was shocked. "I am engaged and I have to go" said Julie. Jorden is waiting for Julie in the restaurant. After 5 minutes, Julie finally arrived. Jorden knew that Julie have something on her mind and she is hiding from him. Julie is struggling whether she should tell Jorden or she should tell. Jorden told Julie that they are soon going to married so there couldn't be anything she is hiding from him. At last Julie told him everything but Jorden is not angry at all instead he is happy because Julie willing to tell the truth to him. "It's fine, at least I know now the one that you loved is me, is more than enough" Julie was very happy that Jorden trust her so much. There is a strong trust between the both of them.





Furthermore, two days before their wedding. Jorden got a call. After Jorden got the call, he drives to a place and pick up some documents. Julie stay at home and continue planned the wedding. After 30 minutes, Jorden come out with a hopeless face. Suddenly, it rained. Jorden fell on his knees and his throat stiffened as the tears rolled down his cheeks. He couldn't differentiate whether it is the rain drops or his tears that rolled down his cheeks. He was told by the doctor that he has only two years of life because he has brain cancer and his sickness is worsen. Jorden was worried that he will be a burden to Julie.



Suddenly, Julie appears beside him and said "don't you remember what I said? When it is raining, take an umbrella, put on a coat and don't get ill." Julie quickly put on the coat on Jorden's shoulder. Jorden avoid Julie and swept off the coat from his shoulders. He stands and tried to run but Julie's word stopped him. "I know what you are worried about. You won't be a burden to me no matter what but I knew I couldn't survive without you." Shouted Julie. She quickly walked towards him and hugs him. "Promise me that we will not leave each other no matter what and stay together forever." Said Julie. Jorden nodded. "Let's go back and start your treatment tomorrow, we can delay your wedding date." Said Julie. Jorden and Julie canceled the wedding. They prepared their necessities and go to the hospital for treatment.



After two weeks of treatment, Jorden and Julie are going to married. Just like before, they planned everything. On the wedding day, when they both are going to put the ring on each other hand, Rodney appeared. "Why wouldn't you choose me? What is so good about him? I am ten times better than him. What make you choose him? Did you broke up with me because of him? I will make him pay for it. I will kill him so you will be with me." Rodney uses the gun and shoots towards Jorden but at the end Julie collapsed. The bullet is going towards Jorden but Julie stands before him so Julie is shot. Julie was taken to the hospital by Jorden while Rodney was arrested by the police.



Jorden prayed outside of the operation room for Julie. Julie's family is also outside of the operation room. One hour later, the doctor came out and said "Sorry, We did our best but she couldn't make it. She loss too much of blood." Julie's parents cried hardly but they realised that Jorden did not shed a tear. He feel like his heart has been slash by knife a several times and the blood is bleeding nonstop. He stood up and walked towards the door but he collapsed. He has been unconscious for 2 days 1 night. He woke up in the midnight and it is snowing outside. Julie's family is surrounding him. He wanted to go to the graveyard to see Julie's tomb but they tried to stop him because it is already midnight and it's snowing. Eventually, Jorden still decide to go alone to the graveyard. He walked towards Julie's tomb and shout out loudly "What kind of promise is this? We promised each other that we will not leave each other. You said you won't leave me. Why? Why? Why you have to do this to me? Since you are not here, it is meaningless that I live alone here without you. I know you hope that I can live happily even though you are not here but to me it is very hard. You didn't kept your promise so what is the reason I have to listen to you." Jorden took out a knife from his pocket and stab himself. Jorden's blood spread through the pale white snow. Jorden died beside Julie's tomb. Julie and Jorden died young but their love and relationship will remain forever ...............













© Copyright 2014 Icy Megan (meganice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996850-The-Broken-Promise