*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996937-Problematic-Ideas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dove
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1996937
Nesria, a leader of a rebel army, chats with her unknowing adversary.
So this is more of a practice write with these characters and examining their background with each other. Feel free to give me any opinions or thoughts on this. :)







         So it had come to this. It wasn’t surprising really. She should have expected it ever since she saw the lights in the distance. Her home now lay in ruins. A burnt husk of what it used to be. Of course she couldn’t see her parents. Their bodies would likely be hauled back to the capital to display that the rebellion was over. Humiliation that was the way the dragons preferred to operate, pure humiliation. Destroy not only the enemy, but their souls as well. Nothing left to fight with, nothing left to gain.

         It was odd though that she could not see the encampment. Usually they liked to rest after such a battle. It was odd; too odd. A prick at the side of her senses and Nesria spun about.

         “Well, well, well, what have I found here? A lost kitty cat scurrying about the woods?” a deep voice broke from the cover of trees and a tall man, no dragon, could be seen walking forward.

         “What do you want lizard?” Nesria asked her body sliding effortlessly into a fighting stance.

         “No survivors, that’s what the higher ups said. If I ever plan on inheriting a good position, I better follow them to the T.” the man said grinning before he unsheathed his broad sword.

         “Daddy’s boy are ya? Or wait, I understand now, “ Nesria said  backing away from him, “ you’re a bastard aren’t ya. No true ties of yer own gotta work your way up the ranks preying on us poor folks.”

         The man stopped at these words. “Poor folks?” he started laughing, a loud cheerful laugh that if it weren’t for the circumstances Nesria would have found endearing.  “What poor folks? Do you take me for a simpleton miss? I’m sorry that you had to be in this area, but these people were nothing close to that description. I would usually tell you to move along, but, as I mentioned before, no survivors.”

         Nesria did her best not to look surprised at him. Just in the area was she? If that’s what he preferred to think then so be it, but she was not going to get killed by this brute today. Luckily, she was a panther, and he was a dragon. The lizards never did much like trees.

         “But but why would you hurt a poor little girl like me?” Nesria asked pitching her voice higher and letting her eyes water. She then shifted suddenly, appearing frightened and looked into the darkness past the man’s left side. “Oh no.” she mouthed before darting off in the opposite direction when his gaze moved to where she had been looking.

         Form shifting, Nesria clawed at the first branch available to her. She was there for not even a full second before bursting off to the next, and the next, and the next. Her natural panther visage easily tore through the forest, but she knew he would be close on her tail. She was not sure how long such a simple trick would fool him. Brutish he may have seemed, but dragons were well known for their intelligence and cunning.

© Copyright 2014 Dove (725_amr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996937-Problematic-Ideas